Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

Question - Just picked up Revell's latest repop of the old MB 1/700 scale Fletcher class.

Given the crudity of a lot of the weaponry in this kit am I OK to replace from the spares box - Either from my extensive selection of ex Dragon sprues or P/E?

P/E handrails as well?

TIA

IanJ

10 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

Question - Just picked up Revell's latest repop of the old MB 1/700 scale Fletcher class.

Given the crudity of a lot of the weaponry in this kit am I OK to replace from the spares box - Either from my extensive selection of ex Dragon sprues or P/E?

P/E handrails as well?

TIA

IanJ

As long as the original model is a MB kit than it's fine.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not looked through all the pages so apologies if this has been asked previously. Are AMT kits OK if they have 'Matchbox' on the box?

I'd like to join the GB and will find something to build but just want to know what I can look to purchase :) 

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

As long as the tooling is original ply matchbox it is fine

Thanks for the reply but I have to be honest and say I'm not sure what that means. I'll keep my hunt to 'Matchbox' only just to be sure :) 

7 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Not looked through all the pages so apologies if this has been asked previously. Are AMT kits OK if they have 'Matchbox' on the box?

I'd like to join the GB and will find something to build but just want to know what I can look to purchase :) 

If it's one off these then it's definite yes. http://www.matchboxkits.org/index.php?cPath=27_41

If not than let me know and I will have a look/ search if it's ok.

It may take a while before I react. I am of in half an hour to a show all weekend in Germany (Lingen).

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks Arniec.

I was initally looking at a car build (hence the AMT question).

However, I've wanted to build a Lightning for long time and as I've now found a Matchbox 1:72 BAC Lightning, this will be my entry :) 

Enjoy the show!!! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Gents

I have managed to buy the kit I was looking for, so will with your permission be joining this GB with the following kit

IMG_3116

This will hopefully be a quicker job than the 1/1 scale version below that has been off the road since 1969 !

IMG_2549

cheers Pat

• Like 7

Been busy on a certain auction site. Postman delivered this this morning.

Saab%20J-29F%20072%20Matchbox_01_zps0ydh

Quick question, is aftermarket allowed? I have a resin cockpit (meant for the Airfix / Heller kit) that I would like to try to use,

• Like 5

On 22 april 2017 at 5:38 PM, Jb65rams said:

Been busy on a certain auction site. Postman delivered this this morning.

Saab%20J-29F%20072%20Matchbox_01_zps0ydh

Quick question, is aftermarket allowed? I have a resin cockpit (meant for the Airfix / Heller kit) that I would like to try to use,

Sorry for the late reaction. Just back from a modelshow in Hungary.

Yes, you are allowed to use aftermarket. That is no problem.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Count me in. I have a Matchbox 1/72 Lancaster that I can put together.

pk602bt.jpg\

Yay, I built one of those last year in the tallboy option. There is a lot of things wrong with the kit, I rescribed my build, moved the crew door and added numerous parts of scratch built and scrap parts from the spares bin. At the end of all that there was still more I could have done but I didn't want to spend all year building it, you have to draw a line somewhere. I think both Manc Airman and I both did one in the last Best of British group build, if build threads would be of any help.

36348223365_ca692cdcb8_k.jpg  

35539482733_e0892d2b86_k.jpg

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, old thumper said:

Yay, I built one of those last year in the tallboy option. There is a lot of things wrong with the kit, I rescribed my build, moved the crew door and added numerous parts of scratch built and scrap parts from the spares bin. At the end of all that there was still more I could have done but I didn't want to spend all year building it, you have to draw a line somewhere. I think both Manc Airman and I both did one in the last Best of British group build, if build threads would be of any help.

I was thinking of doing straight from the box, but now I think I will see about panel lining and an interior upgrade. Thanks for the pics!

Edited by Thom216
  • Like 1

On 3 augustus 2017 at 3:42 AM, Thom216 said:

Count me in. I have a Matchbox 1/72 Lancaster that I can put together.

pk602bt.jpg\

Nice to see a MB Lancaster in the GB. Myself I am thinking of doing the Do-18 and it will be almost straight out of the box.

The only extra's will be to exchange the machinegun barrels with some from Quickboost. There isn't a specialiced set from QB, but I could use the sets from the He-111.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

The decals and cockpit PE for my Matchbox Lancaster have come in. I'm going to look into getting PE flaps also, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a mask set that can be used for it too? There are a number out there for 1/72 Lancasters, but I wouldn't think they would be a simple fit for the older Matchbox kit.

Well I can't believe I did it but my LMS has 40% off revell and I came away with the old 1/32 Spitfire re-pop for a tenner, might have to make it one of

my entries along with the Buccaneer!

• Like 1