Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

10 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Only as many or as few you are confident in doing and hopefully completing.

I've done 4 in the past but could have done more in those GBs.

7 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Absolutely no! Just check Tony O'Tooles' productivity at the current MTO GB... :wow:

OK great, I will make sure I have a clear bench for when this group build starts.

I have no idea what I will build yet, I have about 20 Matchbox kits in the stash but won't be able to resist building most of them before the group build begins. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on some more from shows between then and now.

• Like 1

On 28 november 2016 at 8:31 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Quick question.....Would a sci-fi kit-bash subject be acceptable for this GB if it were made largely from Matchbox parts?  :shrug:

GB options are thin on the ground for the sci-fi modellers so it might boost participation and it could certainly add some novelty to the gallery.  :coolio:

I have had a long think about it and I think I will allow it.

But there will be some extra rules, that at least 70% of the model must be made from a Matchbox kit.

As a Whiffer myself I have also got a think about the What if GB.

They are also allowed, but I was hoppingabout a MB kit with some different markings. (F-14 with Iraki markings for example)

Lets say you are allowed to do some small conversions, but just like the Sci-fi modellers it needs to be 70% of a original MB kit.  So a MB F-14 back fuselage with a Tornado front fuselage/nose is allowed, but the other way around isn't. You can still use loads of AM stuff. 

I hope that this will satisfy you all. For the guys who only want to build a original MB kit nothing will change.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Would a Gladiator with Hurricane wings be over or under that? :unsure:

If both are matchbox then there is no problem. If wing is from another company than it's also ok. the other way around not.

Cheers,

7 hours ago, Doug Rogers said:

The only Matchbox kit I have in my stash is a 1/12 Vincent Black Shadow...so I guess it would be rude not to do it. 

I've always wondered how good a kit that was so be keen to watch you work on it Doug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

I've always wondered how good a kit that was so be keen to watch you work on it Doug.

It's actually got more parts than I was expecting. The spokes could be crucial to the end product but I'm hoping it should build up quite nicely.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arniec said:

If both are matchbox then there is no problem. If wing is from another company than it's also ok. the other way around not.

Cheers,

Thanks! Might search for an MB Hurricane, but more likely be Airfix wings with an MB body. Are their any restrictions on colour schemes at all?

12 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Thanks! Might search for an MB Hurricane, but more likely be Airfix wings with an MB body. Are their any restrictions on colour schemes at all?

Well ehhhh???? that is a good question. I think there is no restriction, but keep it a little bit real?!  As what could have been?!

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Evening All

Permission to come aboard, I will with any luck be building the Matchbox MG TC. I have had a bit of a set back as the one I bought off evilBay recently had the windscreen frame missing so I am still looking for one.

This to quote a common phrase is well out of my comfort zone as far as the kit is concerned. But the car has been a member of our family since before I was born. Below is a photo of our MG TC shockingly photobombed by a 2 year old me !

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/Jockney007/media/IMG_3115_zpsrlrzy7aj.jpg.html]IMG_3115_zpsrlrzy7aj.jpg[/URL]

This was my dad's first car, I was brought home from hospital in it after being born, and it has been on boats and even an aircraft when it flew to Ireland once !

A few years ago I was given the car by my dad after it had hibernated in the garage since 1969. I had hoped to take my dad out in the car but unfortunately that wasn't meant to be as I lost my dad a couple of years ago. 

So I am on the look out for one of these below, a complete one would be nice !

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/Jockney007/media/IMG_3116_zpshsd4ciqz.jpg.html]IMG_3116_zpshsd4ciqz.jpg[/URL]

And then with your kind permission if allowed to join this prestigious GB I will dedicate this build to my dad

kindest regards Pat

• Like 4

I'll join in. Not sure with what. I have a Heyford and a Stranraer in the stash, as well as a Wessex and a Sea Harrier.  And Monty's Caravan and some more dusty AFVs. Which are probably most likely options. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 825 said:

I'll join in. Not sure with what. I have a Heyford and a Stranraer in the stash, as well as a Wessex and a Sea Harrier.  And Monty's Caravan and some more dusty AFVs. Which are probably most likely options. 

Welcome 825.

A Heyford would look nice to see in the GB.:)

Cheers, 

• 2 weeks later...

Just like old thumper said, the GB is open to everybody.

I am quite curious of what you want to build.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

There are plenty of options in my stash

H.P Heyford

Supermarine Stranrear

"                  Walrus ( Revell boxing )

Heinkel He 70/170 ( Revell boxing )

Heinkel He 115

Hawker Hurricane Mk.II ( parts only in a bag )

Vought F4U-4 ( bag )

Bristol Beaufighter ( bag )

Vickers Wellington Mk.X ( bag )

Dornier Do 28

A.W Siskin ( bag )

Hawker Tempest also in a plastic bag.

I have saved a lot of instructions to build these kits without box. Guess i need maybe some decals.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've never ever contributed a build to anywhere in BM.  

By chance, while clearing boxes from our attic - as  required and so ordered by SWMBO - I came across an unopened Matchbox 1/72 Meteor NF 14/12/11 kit.

I don't want to throw it away so please can I offer it as a potential build, by me?

If for any reason I can't proceed I'll let you all know ...

Jonny

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I've never ever contributed a build to anywhere in BM.  

By chance, while clearing boxes from our attic - as  required and so ordered by SWMBO - I came across an unopened Matchbox 1/72 Meteor NF 14/12/11 kit.

I don't want to throw it away so please can I offer it as a potential build, by me?

If for any reason I can't proceed I'll let you all know ...

Jonny

You are more than welcome with a Meteor NF. The more the better.

I have got this one in my stash as well, so I will be watching.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
On 11 februari 2017 at 2:25 AM, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in. Plenty of options to choose from, but I'll most likely go with a Norseman or Twin Otter (maybe both).

Welcome to the Matchbox GB.You have been added.

Good choice on both the models you want to build. 

Can't wait till it starts.

Cheers,

• Like 1