Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

Guys you have been added to the list. We are almost two third away. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a Matchbox kit or a re box version

That can always change. But ehh Andy, does this mean you are interested in building one for this GB?!

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Is this the line for the Matchbox GB? Sign me up old sport, I'll have a jolly good shot at this, what.

Andy C, before perusing eBay, have a look through the For Sale section here - you may find what you're looking for.

• Like 3

OK guys this one is going very smooth. We have already got 21 contestants. :frantic::frantic::frantic:

Just 9 more fellow modellers to have a go at the end of the year.

I have just bought three more matchbox models this weekend. :mental: My Matchbox stash is exploding to have a go. :boom:

Cheers,

• Like 3

Count me in! I've got build those Matchbox kits in the stash sometime. I think I'm going to do one of the 1/32 cars, perhaps the Mercedes SSKL or the Porsche 935.

Edited by VMA131Marine

Don't forget that Revell still do some of the old Matchbox kits and that they can be easily found in shops, so need to pay over the mark on ebay for genuine old fashioned Matchbox packaged kits.

I know. There were also some ertl packages as well. I think that these were mainly for the US market.

I have got the Stranrear, F9F Panther , Halifax, swordfish and some more in my stash in a Revell box. Also have some 1/76 armour kits in a Revell boxing.

Erwin (post 15) gave us a nice link to a site where you can see a lot of Matchbox kits.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Don't forget that Revell still do some of the old Matchbox kits and that they can be easily found in shops, so need to pay over the mark on ebay for genuine old fashioned Matchbox packaged kits.

Revell re-did nearly the whole 1/32 nd range.

For some reason they never did the Me 109. :weep:

• Like 1

I know I shouldn't commit to any other GB as I already have a very bad track record of starting models that are then never completed, however this is too tempting to give it a miss so please, add my name !

As many here, Matchbox kits got me into this hobby. Today I've got several Matchbox kits in my stash and I still buy certain subjects whenever I can find them for decent prices. And

• Like 1

I know. There were also some ertl packages as well. I think that these were mainly for the US market.

I have got the Stranrear, F9F Panther , Halifax, swordfish and some more in my stash in a Revell box. Also have some 1/76 armour kits in a Revell boxing.

Erwin (post 15) gave us a nice link to a site where you can see a lot of Matchbox kits.

Cheers,

I have got 7 Matchbox kits already made and displayed, 1 being built and 12 in the downstairs stash, plus a few Revell re-boxes up in the loft stash. I like Matchbox!

Matchbox kits mostly go for what seems like a lot of money on ebay now, small kits like the P-47 or Hellcat normally work out at over £10 including postage and the Wellesley can go up to £30. A Halifax in Matchbox packaging for example is generally a lot more expensive than the Revell re-box, incidentally the Revell re-boxes have much better transfers.

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter what youtr building record is Giorgio. You are always welcome. The more the better.

Wohoooooo, Just 4 to go now!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Common guys!!!! You know you want to be in his GB!!!!! :coolio:

I have got 7 Matchbox kits already made and displayed, 1 being built and 12 in the downstairs stash, plus a few Revell re-boxes up in the loft stash. I like Matchbox!

Matchbox kits mostly go for what seems like a lot of money on ebay now, small kits like the P-47 or Hellcat normally work out at over £10 including postage and the Wellesley can go up to £30. A Halifax in Matchbox packaging for example is generally a lot more expensive than the Revell re-box, incidentally the Revell re-boxes have much better transfers.

O, ehhhmmm I have at the moment about a 100. I have been collecting them in the last few years and want them to build again. This is due to some fond youth memories.

My last two builds was the Stranrear and the B-25 a few years back in the two GB's.

Here is the link to the Stranrear build. The B-25 hase lost it's pictures.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234940392-172-supermarine-stranrear-update-5-7-2013-finished/

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter what youtr building record is Giorgio. You are always welcome. The more the better.

Wohoooooo, Just 4 to go now!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Common guys!!!! You know you want to be in his GB!!!!! :coolio:

O, ehhhmmm I have at the moment about a 100. I have been collecting them in the last few years and want them to build again. This is due to some fond youth memories.

My last two builds was the Stranrear and the B-25 a few years back in the two GB's.

Here is the link to the Stranrear build. The B-25 hase lost it's pictures.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234940392-172-supermarine-stranrear-update-5-7-2013-finished/

Cheers,

Well done with the Stranrear and the best of luck with your next Matchbox 100 kits.

I now only collect the Second World War Matchbox aircraft personally but I remember building a number of jets when I was a youngster, the Skyhawk and Harrier I think were my favourites out of the jets.

Matchbox tanks were always head and shoulders above most of what Airfix had to offer and the stands were great as well, I have been meaning to start a collection of tanks.

• Like 1

Oh Arnie, the purists today complain about everything. All they accept is Tamigaward and even those seem to just disappoint many a modeller. C'mon you people, throw your arrogancy away for a moment and assemble a Matchbox kit for a change! Better yet, leave the beautiful multi colour parts unpainted and if the manufacturer has been generous enough to supply the kit with two sets of decals, why on earth should you only use half of them? That's the way I "decorated" my kits in the late -70's . V-P

Edited by Mish
Not a nice word to call members
  • Like 2