Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

Hi, I will do this one. How it should be done ? Without any upgrades straight from the box? I would like to know if we have here any rules about how to build the kit. 

2s87SG9.jpg

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Franz75 said:

Hi, I will do this one. How it should be done ? Without any upgrades straight from the box? I would like to know if we have here any rules about how to build the kit. 

2s87SG9.jpg

Great choice of kit. We are building as we like so you can add whatever upgrades you want. 

Surprised the Wessex hasn't made an appearance yet or the Boston/Havoc,I noticed the He 111 and Lightning twin seater hitting the £25 mark

at my favourite pre owned site so that rules out both for me,I'll plod on with the three proposed build's and hopefully do a couple more after

Christmas.

17 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Surprised the Wessex hasn't made an appearance yet or the Boston/Havoc?

Steve, both Wessex and Havoc/Boston are being built here - build thread links below.  

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Franz75 said:

Franz, there's no building rules for this GB. Build a Matchbox kit as you want to -  from fully detailed to just like you did when you were 10 (no paint, and all finished in one Saturday afternoon) or anywhere in between. Most important thing is to have fun!

• Like 1

@stevej60

I've also put together a 'Build List' (see this thread, page 18, post 430) in which you naturally feature quite heavily in.

I'm trying to keep it updated with every new build and gallery entry, however it's probably going to get lost buried in this particular thread.

It may warrant a short thread all on it's own so that we can track what's going on here.

At last count we had 55 completed, stated or proposed builds - pretty good I'd say. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

I've also got two Seafox's to do, however, real world politics precludes me from doing one as I had planned as it may cause upset sadly. I may do it anyway but reveal it when things calm down a little.

Building a plastic model will upset people, how exactly? 

A

Not so much the building it as the markings it may carry. Already seen one thread removed on a different forum as the subject is currently considered a political hot potato at the moment, so to stave off controversy it's currently hidden until things cool a little.

3 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Not so much the building it as the markings it may carry. Already seen one thread removed on a different forum as the subject is currently considered a political hot potato at the moment, so to stave off controversy it's currently hidden until things cool a little.

That’s cryptic. Colour me intrigued

• Like 1

This might be a stupid question but is there a clearing house page or swap area for partial decal sheets here or elsewhere? I fancy makin g the Wessex with aftermarket decals but it seems really wasteful to get a huge sheet most of which will be unused

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Only discussions about or involving politics are forbidden on here.

The markings of a plastic model do not forbid it otherwise we'd have kits bearing swastikas or the rising sun banned but we see beyond that.

What we are most likely to say about it is 'oh, I didn't know xyz used one of those'...........

Your choice, but I'm just trying to re-assure you

18 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Surprised the Wessex hasn't made an appearance yet or the Boston/Havoc,I noticed the He 111 and Lightning twin seater hitting the £25 mark

at my favourite pre owned site so that rules out both for me,I'll plod on with the three proposed build's and hopefully do a couple more after

Christmas.

If you're looking a Lightning T55 cheapish, I know there will be one for sale at SMW for £12

• Like 1

On 04/11/2017 at 3:02 PM, Beard said:

Thanks.

It'll be one of these:

20171104_131845

Hi Beard

Great selection, Lysander gets my vote.

Can you let poor Berndm post #433 above, have a copy of your Beaufighter instructions, then we just need to find him some decals !

cheers Pat

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Beard

Great selection, Lysander gets my vote.

Can you let poor Berndm post #433 above, have a copy of your Beaufighter instructions, then we just need to find him some decals !

cheers Pat

Thanks Pat. I've started the Bf-109 but might do the Lysander, if there's time.

I've PM'd @BerndM

• Like 2

8 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Come on Charlie spill the bean's what marking's are we talking,don't forget a lot of us build Luftwaffe aircraft and mark their tails with the Swastika

that doesn't mean we  agree with the thing's that were done under those that used the symbol,can't think of any other operator's than the Royal Navy?

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Come on Charlie spill the bean's what marking's are we talking,don't forget a lot of us build Luftwaffe aircraft and mark their tails with the Swastika

that doesn't mean we  agree with the thing's that were done under those that used the symbol,can't think of any other operator's than the Royal Navy?

I looked up the Seafox. As only the RN used them afawk it must be the personal markings of a certain pilot

So, who today is causing controversy but flew in the RN 1936 to 1943? He'd need to be about 90 years old  :hmmm:

12 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

That’s cryptic. Colour me intrigued

Me too! :popcorn: Gotta know now..

Can't be Swastikas, or hinomaru, or naked ladies with, or without refueling receptacles in naught places, (:blush:), too early for those of Vis fame. So what can it be?:hmmm::shrug:

Christian, perplexed exile in africa

Well since you all asked so nicely ;)

It's to be another whif (no surprises there) where Catalonia gain independence during the Spanish Civil war, something which is hinted may have happened, or begun to happen, had the Republicans won. Since it would've been a new nation, and technically exempt from the various "no touchy" policy of places such as France, the UK and US, it could've feasibly been supplied with equipment from said nations. Since the Old kingdom of Aragon included Aragon, the Balearics, Valencia and Catalonia, this was to be the premise of the new nation. I've already carved up the Weimar Republic into three à la the fate of the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires so this was logically the next area that could've had a far reaching outcome had things gone differently. 

You can see why some may have an issue with this in the current climate, despite it being in an AU 80ish years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Well since you all asked so nicely ;)

It's to be another whif (no surprises there) where Catalonia gain independence during the Spanish Civil war, something which is hinted may have happened, or begun to happen, had the Republicans won. Since it would've been a new nation, and technically exempt from the various "no touchy" policy of places such as France, the UK and US, it could've feasibly been supplied with equipment from said nations. Since the Old kingdom of Aragon included Aragon, the Balearics, Valencia and Catalonia, this was to be the premise of the new nation. I've already carved up the Weimar Republic into three à la the fate of the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires so this was logically the next area that could've had a far reaching outcome had things gone differently. 

You can see why some may have an issue with this in the current climate, despite it being in an AU 80ish years ago.

Wouldn't Catalonian stripes look like Vichy French stripes though?