Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

@Arniec and I have been in discussion over this matter.   It's clear that there are a number of builds just on the cusp of completion which would benefit by an extra week.

This GB will now end on Sunday 18 February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

@Arniec and I have been in discussion over this matter.   It's clear that there are a number of builds just on the cusp of completion which would benefit by an extra week.

Thanxs Enzo from me and the guys that make this Matchbox GB great. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

woohoo!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm now concerned about how we will fit all the entries into the gallery. 

Good question Enzo. 

This is my first ever occasion that I've entered into a BM GB and whilst I'm having a hoot of a time it's also fantastic incentive (for knuckle draggers like myself) to finish a kit with a deadline in mind.

Now I have no idea how the voting system works, however do recall reading that this particular GB may have already exceeded the maximum gallery entries for voting.

I'm just wondering if perhaps a system where the total entries were split in two, to form two votes and then the top ranked models from each are entered into a 'final' vote?

i.e. 100 Gallery entries / two groups of 50 models each / the top 50 (or half) are then entered into a final vote to decide the winner and place getters.

Anyway - just a thought and also a 'vote' of thanks to yourself and the MB GB hosts for extending the dates. We've just hit 70 and I reckon 85 is certainly getable. 

Cheers.. Dave   

• Like 3

Typical,the week the GB ends my LMS get's Revells boxing of the half track with that great base and the ruined building and KK get's

the Char B and Renault tanks! Ah,well roll on Matchbox GB III.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Typical,the week the GB ends my LMS get's Revells boxing of the half track with that great base and the ruined building and KK get's

the Char B and Renault tanks! Ah,well roll on Matchbox GB III.

Hi Steve

I will vote for a Matchbox Gb III with great pleasure I still have some kits in my stash ..

Patrice

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Steve

I will vote for a Matchbox Gb III with great pleasure I still have some kits in my stash ..

Patrice

Seconded - I also vote that we should make ‘Matchbox’ Group Builds an annual event. That’s not too much to ask is it??

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

make ‘Matchbox’ Group Builds an annual event. That’s not too much to ask is it??

I'd say not, but I also await the howls of protest from those who don't deem Matchbox as 'serious' models. Fancy us daring to use up yet another precious GB slot on that old tat.

;)

(In case my point isn't clear - I'd vote for making a Matchbox GB an annual fixture.)

• Like 2

Ok guys. Just one week to go. A special thanxs to Enzo, who has made it possible to extend for a week. :speak_cool: Keep up the paste and get your models finished before Sunday the 18th at 23:59 and in the gallery.

I am already very proud of what is in the gallery. Top job guys. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers,

• Like 3

On 5.2.2018 at 14:33, stevej60 said:

Ah,well roll on Matchbox GB III.

A great idea. Let me just suggest we´d skip one year, as there´s no point in making the classic Matchbox-Airfix-Frog- trio compete against each other for a GB slot? This was a 2017 GB, Airfix Golden Years will be a 2018 GB and I´m really hoping for a Frog GB in 2019. Though Matchbox kits are and were superb compared to those lesser companies :coolio:, maybe we should aim for 2020. I´m in anyway!

Best regards, V-P

• Like 1

V-P, 

I like this idea very much and agree that we should not have these GB’s all fighting for each other at the same time. If we all sacrifice four months of the year to slave over these old classics then that still leaves eight months to regain our sanity building new tool moulds. Come to think of it, a Monogram Classic GB also has some merit I would think. 

So how does one vote up a Frog 2019 GB??

Cheers.. Dave 

Well this Tempest build now wraps up my involvement in my very first Britmodeller Group Build. 

It has been an absolute pleasure to participate in and thanks to all of you for reviving and rekindling one of this hobby's most iconic brands.

You have all done wonderfully well and I wish you all the best in future BM GB's and in capturing that ever elusive modelling idea into 3D scaled down plastic.  

Without this GB, these two Matchbox kits would have never entered my modelling cabinet!

25459006117_c89d0931de.jpg39433092815_609faeeddb.jpg

Cheers and big thanks... Dave 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful Matchbox models Dave! On behalf of this GB "crew" and all the participants and just viewers, a big THANKS to you and your commitment to listing all the kits being built and reporting their progress. That was unique - I loved it! So this was your first GB? I know it wasn't your last one - welcome to the bright side of modelling :yahoo:!

Best regards, V-P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Managed to get mine across the finish line and it's been a real trip down memory lane, not just for me but I suspect for a lot of us.

Thanks to the mods and everyone who took part.

Now wondering what to do for MB GB III - Still have a Walrus, Phantom, Porsche 917, M7 Preist (could always do that in the Sherman GB), Flower Class Corvette, Sea Harrier...

• Like 2

Like we all know, this Matchbox GB is a lovechild of its host, Arniec. Arnold is celebrating his birthday today and thus off-line for this final day of the GB. Let's all congratulate and thank him for his efforts by quoting the next line in a reply to this post:

Happy birthday and thank you for the Matchbox GB @Arniec:party:!!!

• Like 5