Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

49 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Sadly, the Do.X isn't a Matchbox original, even though it fits so well with the Matchbox view of the world. Originally done by Otaki in the mid-70s, it's been rereleased by quite a few manufacturers over the years.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135167-matchbox-pk-571-dornier-do-x

It's still a nice kit of a very interesting type.

15 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Yes, I thought it was too good to be true. However, a very interesting subject for a model , though. 12 engines!!

You could always save this Dornier for next years (TBC?) BM 10th Anniversary GB - It's got a big "X" in it!!

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2

After the Hellcat is finished I was going to dig a new build out of the stash but then I remembered I had this:

26875000359_92a96b4dcd_b.jpg

The only issue it is also started like Tony's Shrike

37933285664_d9804df955_b.jpg

37933285174_a828216bbc_b.jpg

It has been sitting in the stash for the past 10 years or so in this state. Some assembly of wings and AM engines installed. Plenty more to do on it. There is plenty of other AM to go into it as well

37933285594_5c66bd6e2c_b.jpg

and rest of the kit bits

38594890576_cd0ab46ed1_b.jpg

What do you think Mods????

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

After the Hellcat is finished I was going to dig a new build out of the stash but then I remembered I had this:

26875000359_92a96b4dcd_b.jpg

The only issue it is also started like Tony's Shrike

37933285664_d9804df955_b.jpg

37933285174_a828216bbc_b.jpg

It has been sitting in the stash for the past 10 years or so in this state. Some assembly of wings and AM engines installed. Plenty more to do on it. There is plenty of other AM to go into it as well

37933285594_5c66bd6e2c_b.jpg

and rest of the kit bits

38594890576_cd0ab46ed1_b.jpg

What do you think Mods????

I see no problem with it, so go for it!!!!:thumbsup2:

Cheers,

• Like 6

The best thing about this GB? The way that all these 'collectible' kits are being built, just the way nature intended. More power to you all, gents!

('Collectible kit' - that's some sort of oxymoron, surely?)

• Like 3

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:48, Ventora3300 said:

Thanks stevej60 and I have had a look- looks like a Revell re-issue though as there is no 'x-colour' logo on the box. I am holding out for an original Matchbox boxing......

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:12, stevej60 said:

King Kit have a P-40n in at the moment just over eleven quid with postage.

Ended up getting a 1982 boxing P-40N from ebay, £14.99 inc postage. It has the '2-Colours' logo so should be OK.

If no one else puts in a P-40 then I'll enter it in this GB so it can get crossed off the Master List!

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 23:46, Rabbit Leader said:

You could always save this Dornier for next years (TBC?) BM 10th Anniversary GB - It's got a big "X" in it!!

Cheers.. Dave

Good thinking - the timing could be good if I can get the He.115's through in this GB. Thanks.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 00:23, Rob G said:

Or indeed you could swing over to the currently running Flying Boats and Float Planes GB and enter it there! :)

Yes, that is another idea, thanks. That would apply further pressure to get the Matchbox GB entr(ies) done in reasonable time.

• Like 1

Just been over at Matchbox.org and realised I'd never even seen this one before,

http://www.matchboxkits.org/product_info.php?cPath=81_83&products_id=361

Also noted there's some cracking kit's still to appear in this GB,I'd love to see a Mitchell and wonder if we'll see a Victor (I'm certainly stupid enough to

have a go at one)!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Lloyd said:

Has anyone spotted an M3 Honey for sale? This was I think a really nice little model, but seems to be much rarer than most others.

Not seen one anywhere Peter,as rare as hens teeth and their Phantom.

8 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Just been over at Matchbox.org and realised I'd never even seen this one before,

Also noted there's some cracking kit's still to appear in this GB,I'd love to see a Mitchell and wonder if we'll see a Victor (I'm certainly stupid enough to

have a go at one)!

Ehhhh, I bought this set a few weeks ago at the Telford show for a tenner.:D

Cheers,

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stevej60 said:

have a go at one)!

The Revell boxing should still be reasonably easy to find:

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/military-figures/vehicles-wwii/id/03252.html

John

• Like 2

I had a look to see what's new at Kits for Cash,Phantom in stock not cheap but if you really have to have one not often seen,tenner for the two seat

Lightning is a steal they normally go for a minimum £20.

9 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I believe you are mistaken; when I looked a short time ago the Lightning T55 is £19.99, the F6 is £9.99

Are you looking at King kit they've  had  the T55 for ages at £19 99 and I got my F6 for £9:99 ?

19 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

I have this decals sheet DDK7209.jpg  in my stash and I am surprised by the red color of the Tempest Mk II can someone confirm that ?

Best regards

Patrice

Patrice, hard to say to be honest. I recall reading something about these codes being paiinted in flight colours so perhaps they were both red as well as blue. I believe there is something written in Chris Thomas’ latest Osprey book “Tempest Squadrons of the RAF” but I’m away on holiday at present so won’t be able to re-read this chapter until Friday. 

Black and White photos should be a little easier to decipher if comparing the codes to the fuselage roundel. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Edit - how much do you want for the ‘Dooleybird’ decals??