Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

3 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I like the second one Charlie,hasan African feel to it!

Slightly awkward as it's a European Whif country and member of the Commonwealth :unsure::lol:

Might help if I put up the flag in question...

35755325265_7dd278dd8c_m.jpg

Edited by charlie_c67
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Ah yes...the Federal Republic of Marpusia...that little known landlocked state between Slovenia and Hungary, known for short hikes, long naps, and handmade shoelaces...Hail, hail Marpusia!:D

Is that next door to Vibrania?

Just thinking(it's a quiet night) do we Know where the majority of the mold's went? I look at some of the kit's well worthy of re-release especially

where they were little covered types.I believe Revell's deal is now at an end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Just thinking(it's a quiet night) do we Know where the majority of the mold's went? I look at some of the kit's well worthy of re-release especially

I think Revell still produce some of them. There were some kits that Revell never produced that found their way to China.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

The molds went to Revell. The downside of the deal was that they didn't own the Matchbox name. so after a serten time they weren't allowed to use the name anymore. The Revell period can be seen with the black boxing, that is why you need to watch out with these boxes. There could be a Revell kit in the box for example the P-70 that is a Revell kit in a matchbox box.

Cheers,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arniec said:

The molds went to Revell. The downside of the deal was that they didn't own the Matchbox name. so after a serten time they weren't allowed to use the name anymore. The Revell period can be seen with the black boxing, that is why you need to watch out with these boxes. There could be a Revell kit in the box for example the P-70 that is a Revell kit in a matchbox box.

Cheers,

I wish they would reissue the Hs125. 

Phil

• Like 4

Good afternoon

I made a quick search for some AFV kits and it appears that the Sherman Firefly , A34 Comet and M 24 Chaffee kits I built when I was much younger are very difficult to find nowadays :(:(.. 

Anyone knows where I could find them for a fair price ?

I must admit that I find the Matchbox Afv models better detaileed then the aircraft ones ..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

5 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

I made a quick search for some AFV kits and it appears that the Sherman Firefly , A34 Comet and M 24 Chaffee kits I built when I was much younger are very difficult to find nowadays :(:(.. 

You might have better luck trying to get hold of the Revell  reboxings of these kits.

Phil

17 minutes ago, shatters said:

You might have better luck trying to get hold of the Revell  reboxings of these kits.

Phil

Good evening Phil

Thank you but it seems that the Revell reboxings are also difficult to find ..

Best regards

Patrice

Wheww! All this talk of Revell Kits in Matchbox boxes had me scurrying into the loft to check my only other Matchbox kits, the HP Heyford, HP Victor K2. and Dornier Do-X.

Thank goodness the Heyford is one of the original boxings - three colours (looks like dark green, even darker green and black) and the Victor is in grey/grey/green. The Victor boxing  has a lower section in black but it does carry the '3 Colours' logo the same as on the 'original' boxings. Maybe this is the way to ensure it is a Matchbox moulding?

However, looking at the outside of the Dornier Do-X in a Matchbox box, there is no 3-colour logo so I must assume....   

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:15, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

I must admit that I find the Matchbox Afv models better detaileed then the aircraft ones ..

Patrice

Some Fireflies on ebay right now: One is 'buy now' at £19.99 plus £3 postage? The others are 'bidding' lower at the moment.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-Sherman-Firefly-1-76-Scale/172993407003?hash=item284735e81b:g:bVYAAOSwZB9aFXj

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MATCHBOX-1-76-SHERMAN-FIREFLY-tank-Model-Kit-40071-vintage-rare/142556128037?epid=1605633342&hash=item213101e325:g:-lgAAOSwOAZZiNgw

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-Sherman-Firefly/202122875641?hash=item2f0f7652f9:g:2jcAAOSwTf9ZSpAQ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVELL-SHERMAN-FIREFLY-TANK-MODEL-KIT-1-76-03211/222723136884?hash=item33db555d74:g:7BAAAOSwNWxaDxTz

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:15, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon

Patrice

Matchbox Comet on ebay right now at 'buy now' for £10.00 plus £3.95 postage - can't be bad!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchbox-1-76-Scale-A34-Mk1-Comet/172993460534?hash=item284736b936:g:oRcAAOSwzppaFYR5

9 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Ventora3300

Thank  for the links:yes: , yesterday I found a Revell Rebox of the Sherman Firefly for 14euros postage included   ...

Patrice  

You are welcome, although buying from ebay is not everyone's ideal shopping trip. I must say though, all this modelling of Matchbox has got me looking for the old boxings and I picked up a Wellington Mk.X recently to add to my meagre collection. On the lookout for an original boxing P-40 Warhawk.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

King Kit have a P-40n in at the moment just over eleven quid with postage.

Thanks stevej60 and I have had a look- looks like a Revell re-issue though as there is no 'x-colour' logo on the box. I am holding out for an original Matchbox boxing......

On 11/24/2017 at 1:56 AM, Ventora3300 said:

However, looking at the outside of the Dornier Do-X in a Matchbox box, there is no 3-colour logo so I must assume....   

Sadly, the Do.X isn't a Matchbox original, even though it fits so well with the Matchbox view of the world. Originally done by Otaki in the mid-70s, it's been rereleased by quite a few manufacturers over the years.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135167-matchbox-pk-571-dornier-do-x

It's still a nice kit of a very interesting type.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Sadly, the Do.X isn't a Matchbox original, even though it fits so well with the Matchbox view of the world. Originally done by Otaki in the mid-70s, it's been rereleased by quite a few manufacturers over the years.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135167-matchbox-pk-571-dornier-do-x

It's still a nice kit of a very interesting type.

Yes, I thought it was too good to be true. However, a very interesting subject for a model , though. 12 engines!!