Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

New GF is a bit of an antiques trader cum wheeler dealer, turned up last night to go to the Henning Wehn show, clutching these, said she was going to use them to line her cats litter tray then remembered I do models...there are least 10 "litter tray liners".

matchcat.jpg

A

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, azureglo said:

New GF is a bit of an antiques trader cum wheeler dealer, turned up last night to go to the Henning Wehn show, clutching these, said she was going to use them to line her cats litter tray then remembered I do models...there are least 10 "litter tray liners".

They look to be in excellent condition - are you going to sell them on eBay? The recycled funds could be used to buy more Matchbox products. 

Cheees.. Dave

45 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

They look to be in excellent condition - are you going to sell them on eBay? The recycled funds could be used to buy more Matchbox products. 

Cheees.. Dave

Depends, what's the going rate for litter tray liners?

Anil

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, azureglo said:

Depends, what's the going rate for litter tray liners?

Anil

I think you’d be very surprised Anil, especially if you throw in the GF’s cat in as well!! 

I’d be keen for a liner myself, however I don’t think the cat will fit in the envelope! 

Cheers.. Dave 

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I think you’d be very surprised Anil, especially if you throw in the GF’s cat in as well!! 

I’d be keen for a liner myself, however I don’t think the cat will fit in the envelope! 

Cheers.. Dave 

I'll happily send you one for the cost of postage, I have plenty of a4 hardback envelopes from Hannants to recycle. The only fly in the ointment is exorbitant cost of said postage, Royal Mail want an appalling GBP 5.05 for the cheapest service to Oz for an a4 hardback envelope! 

Of course, this would be a feline free service...

Cheers

Anil

Actually @azureglo that’s not a bad postage price. Living all the way down here, you get used to being charged a king’s  ransome for postage! 

I’ll get back to you via PM shortly.. the Friday morning work slog awaits and I’m regretfully working there all weekend and into Monday. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, azureglo said:

matchcat.jpg

A

I'd happily throw some money your way for one of those catalogues. The 77 edition is the only one I'm missing!

Best regards;

Steve

14 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I'd happily throw some money your way for one of those catalogues. The 77 edition is the only one I'm missing!

Best regards;

Steve

Hi Steve, I'll do a for sale listing in the appropriate section on BM next week, its against the rules to use a STGB chat area for sales. BTW I was going to give these away till I checked eBay, lets say i was surprised to say the least. I did some inquiring with GF and it turns out that she's helping a friend clear out a large house for a friend whose father has sadly passed away. Said father apparently worked for Lesney in the sixties and seventies hence the unused condition of these. 

Cheers

Anil

Thanks Anil! I'll keep an eye on the for sale section next week. eBay is a ok for a guide, but not always realistic. I've been collecting catalogues for 15 - 20 years now, and some of the eBay prices are a bit silly...hence the reason I haven't picked up a better 77 catalogue yet. They all come along at the right price eventually.  ( I do have a 77, but it's a bit dog eared...always looking to get better copies ) For Matchbox catalogues, depending on condition, £5 to £10 is a more realistic price...anything over £12 to £15 and it won't sell. "Proper" trade catalogues are a different matter entirely.

Best regards;

Steve

2 hours ago, Unkempt said:

Well late night beer and EBay are a dangerous combination, and soon I shall be in possession of this:

M9KSl7L.jpg

It looks in fairly good nick and I am tempted to do a contentious colour scheme.

Yes! Another one I hoped would turn up in the GB.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, charlie_c67 said:

That's a shame, looks a nice easy build as well!

I have never built one but have read that it was the better of the old Havoc kits. Never understood why Revell released this kit under the Matchbox label when there was an actual Matchbox Havoc.