Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

I've never built the Venom or any of the 1/32 kits they were always out of my price range as a kid.

I have the Venom and the 109 in the Stash they pop up from time to time for sale for a reasonable price. I think with a bit of work they might scrub up ok..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plasto said:

I've never built the Venom or any of the 1/32 kits they were always out of my price range as a kid.

I have the Venom and the 109 in the Stash they pop up from time to time for sale for a reasonable price. I think with a bit of work they might scrub up ok..

Hi Plasto I think I've build all bar the 109 in the range I'm doing Revell's re_pop of the Spitfire 22 for the GB I'd really love to get my hand's on the Lysander!

• Like 1

On 21/08/2015 at 7:51 PM, vppelt68 said:

Remember the Obsolete Kits GB a while back? Dean, if I remember his name correctly, built an unpainted Matchbox B-17 combining two kits, thus having a six colour model! Needless to say his build got my vote 😊. V-P

On 21/08/2015 at 7:51 PM, vppelt68 said:

Remember the Obsolete Kits GB a while back? Dean, if I remember his name correctly, built an unpainted Matchbox B-17 combining two kits, thus having a six colour model! Needless to say his build got my vote 😊. V-P

Remember this

Three triple coloured kits, mixed into 9 coloured models - then painted.

Likely to build another copy this time, for me - either that or a Jaag.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Remember this

Three triple coloured kits, mixed into 9 coloured models - then painted.

That was when the Britmodeller forum took its first baby steps, right? I joined years later! Too bad Pb won't show us the pics any longer. That must've looked hyper-matchboxish! V-P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I'll be starting my Boeing sometime this week...yes...a late start but I have to finish he Floatplane GB first.

Well the GB only starts Saturday the 8th so you still have time. :D

There is no banner. Sorry. :mellow:

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

I dare........ I double dare...........I triple dare someone to build a Matchbox totally oob, no painting, just the coloured plastic throughout, just as Matcbox intended

The more colours the better.

The Boeing P12 looks good in its plastic as its colours are close to the painted colours

The Alpha Jet is about ok

Others? Matchbox had some really daft colour combos

On 24/08/2017 at 3:35 PM, John D.C. Masters said:

I have decided on this one...

35968099703_0e74bb6e24_z_d.jpg

I have some better decals coming from Hannants but I will be building OOB, as is my wont.

There is a part of me that doesn't want to paint...just use the coloured plastic as supplied!  

Any ideas about the banner?

--John

Got a load of these ages ago when a friends dad passed away along with various others, I think not painting it and letting it be just a plastic model kit not a "museum quality replica" would be brilliant!

A

10 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

That Handley Page is a very cool kit, and quite rare, if I am correct.

Thanks John.  It is an unusual looking aircraft, and the complete model would look good on the table.

I've opened the box, and feel it would (just) pass the 25% rule, so not really a collectable :(

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

It may be small, but it's beautifully formed.  :D

Thanks Enzo, what surprises me is that some are still in their plastic wrappings - I didn't know I could resist looking at the plastic with my fingers...

• Like 1