Need another scriber - who stocks them?

Radleigh

I have a few dentist tools which are great for doing lines and scraping filler etc, but I need a needle scriber to do some odd shapes etc on the Savage (water bomb doors on the underside) Who does the best one please?

Going to the Wombourne and Sutton shows too, so maybe I can pick one up there..

Many thanks.

Here are the main ones I use:

9602060520_7e6544466f_o.jpg

From top to bottom: Tamiya scriber (uses Olfa blades), Hasegawa Trytool scriber (Trumpeter do a similar one), Hasegawa Trytool etched saws, sewing needle(!)

I generally carve a pilot line with the needle, and then deepen with the others if necessary. I also have a Bare-Metal scriber, but I find it a little difficult to keep on course.

For convex lines (fuselage spines, drop tanks, doors, etc) the etched Trytool saw is very useful.

cheers,

Jason

• Like 1

The one that I swear by is by the Gunze Sangyo Mr. Line Chisel in their tools range. Changeable tips for different width lines and it's very well engineered. Hobby link Japan is the only place I could find them though.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Kev, that blue tape... it's 3M but I can't remember where you get it from?

I'll have a selection of scribers at the Sutton Show, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Bare Metal Foil, modelcraft and maybe others.

Pau

Pau, I will find you at Sutton :)