Bronco Buffalo with slat

SeanM

Thanks Magman, the blog will remain as will the Photobucket album. If there is anything specific you want photographed now or in the future just let me know. I just hope my final result is worth using as a template ☺

• 3 weeks later...

After a bit of a hiatus this baby now has the tinted windows in place:

138FFFEF-EF8B-46F6-A8AB-570D32AFA0A9_zps

And the slat is primed....just need to paint and fit it now. Current target is to get it finished before Christmas so I can start my Panda M-ATV during the holidays

• Like 2

Great to see one of these being built, I've got one of this version in the stash but I want to build it as a British version ie

BF2.jpg

which will mean scratch building British-style bar armour, aka slat armour, which is different to US bar armour which has bar horizontally with flat strips vertically (Uk has flat strips horizontally and vertical bars between them). There are also other differences such as the rear wheel fitting is different to reduce the width of the vehicle...

• Like 2

Good Luck scratch building that Kallisti.....

And thanks Gents....nice to see someone is still watching.

Front bits of the slat attached and the arm also. And fitted all the additional slat support bars.

C163D3A2-06DB-48CA-94F1-4A4F084E063C_zps

7AF5FAB8-22EE-4829-B056-B284CDF01455_zps

7DFA131E-C051-41A0-98F9-15B35333309E_zps

I did need to break and re-attach some of them to get it straight but considering the amount of slat it all lined up quite well...a credit to Bronco rather than my building skills.

So now just need to add all the aerials and hatches and some stowage

• Like 4

Thanks Gents!

Quite pleased with it so far Prowler. Still a few bits to tidy up and I was lazy and didn't wire up the aerials or side lights. Actually, it was more a case of being afraid of making a total mess of it....

• Like 1

Almost done!

Slat weathered lightly to take the clean look off it. Straps started for the spare wheel. Coil of razor wire added and more bits of stowage including a cooler box.

AB1F10EE-7F61-471B-8ABE-53672478AFBB_zps

Also tidied up the hydrolic lines at the base of the arm

6890E706-5402-408A-89CB-92087D297AAC_zps

090FAEB4-E263-4B06-83CC-F4C253139C02_zps

Just need to add the supports for the upper hatches and a few more bits of stowage and I can call it a day. In about another day....

• Like 4

Thanks Kallisti. It is a beast alright....in a good way.

I'm calling this done!

5D31FA73-F183-4858-A973-D2A47B30396A_zps

Will take some all around clean photos tomorrow. Now, where did I stash my Panda M-ATV? 😀

• Like 4