1-72 Whirlykits Hawker P.1121

Caerbannog

OK - I finaly decided on my entry:

0CFA8519-569C-4D46-90D7-1A6EC36F593E_zps

I already prepared the vacuformed parts but did nothing more so far. Here is a look inside the box:

F0CBC9E5-A649-49BA-B7F1-5761E1FC2137_zps

The kit comes with vacuformed, resin and white metal parts and decals (inside the zip lock with the refelction).

Rene

• Like 4

I'm quite jealous seeing you with this kit Rene as wanted one for a while. Do you have a colour scheme or squadron in mind for it?

• Like 1

I do not have a squadron but a scheme in mind - but I am not full decided on this yet. The mock up shows an overall white livery with a cheat line. I assume the prototypes whould be in AFW all over (Edit: The prototype was gloss duck-egg green with black cheat line as I found in some reference today...) - like the mock up and like TSR.2

There are proposed liveries of TSR.2 with anti flash white bottom and camo on top. This is what I would like to do for the P.1121. I think anti flash white underside is a bit strange for an interceptor (therfore my hesistation) but seem to remember to have read somewhere that it was also considered for a strike role.

There is a brief topic here with some pics of P.1121: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234976182-hawker-p1103-and-p1121-camms-last-fighter-projects/

Rene

oooo, that looks very interesting, it will certainly keep you busy thats for sure!

I will send you a help link for this, which you may find helpful.

I love the look of it and wish it was in resin!

will be following this one with interest! :popcorn:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Graham. I found a nice pic on the net yesterday with a wrap around arctic scheme. Yet I am not sure if this would be appropiate for an interceptor. If everything fails I will follow some EE Lightning scheme I guess. First I need to get some other things done on this Hawker.

Rene

• Like 1