Trumpeter 1/48 Hawker Sea Hawk

Hi all,

this is my latest model, very pleasant to built, the only improvement to do is to make new canons exit, the original ones being too awful. the cockpit and wheel well are from Aires with no major issues to instal.

img_1910.jpg

img_2010.jpg

img_2011.jpg

img_2012.jpg

img_2013.jpg

img_2014.jpg

img_2015.jpg

img_2016.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Alain

• Like 47

Bonjour Alain,

that is a superb build of a great aircraft!

A real top job!!!

JR

Good mornnig,

Thank you very much for all your comments.

Nice work Vall, a nice clean build. Did you follow the build instructions to the letter or go your own way a bit with it as a lot of the reviews suggest?

Actually yes, I preferred to put together upper fuselage, upper wing and upper flaps to prevent misalignement and to have a correct dihedral , I also strengthened this group of part with sheet of plasic inside. When perfectly strong ,I used this part as a jig to do the same for the lower parts.

I also improved the very visible outlets in front of the windscreen, and the main landing gear but in this case it's useless, it's hidden by the doors.

I hope it helps you .

Best regrds.

Alain

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, superbly made. I'm delighted to see this because I have been wondering about my build of this - not as good as yours.

The central undercarriage doors seemed very close to the deck - and now I see yours are the same. I started to wonder, with that small a clearance, were they likely to get damaged in deck landings?

John B

The central undercarriage doors seemed very close to the deck - and now I see yours are the same. I started to wonder, with that small a clearance, were they likely to get damaged in deck landings?

Hi John, I realised that when I took the pictures, after checking pictures of actual planes, I saw that they are always closed on the ground.

I will modified that.

Best regards.

Alain

Hi John, I realised that when I took the pictures, after checking pictures of actual planes, I saw that they are always closed on the ground.

I will modified that.

Best regards.

Alain

Thank you Alain. I have been meaning to check some old photographs myself - that makes perfect sense. I shall modify my models too !

Regards,

John