Tamiya 1/6 Honda CB 750 F

kpnuts

Hi all well I enjoyed the last build of this, so here is my second bite at it, going to do it slightly different I am going to do it in a dio of a workshop with the engine out on the workbench and the tank and panels in the spray booth having a respray.

RM4Z4ek.jpg

E3osJbT.jpg

6pK1Qgy.jpg

6AZMTJG.jpg

spNJWk2.jpg

FNTFZTh.jpg

1KcJATi.jpg

I've made a start on the spraybooth for the workshop it dont look much at the moment but I am going from memory and it must be 20 odd years since I worked in a spraybooth.

V5nc9BB.jpg

P0Av7TD.jpg

HfdZ4ye.jpg

A9kQbFU.jpg

VdnP2TB.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all here is an update on this. My first of several problems I can forsee coming up The carb inlet openings are blanked off as they normally wouldn't normally be seen, as they are inside the airbox, os I've had to open them also since the cable are not connected I have to show the inner cables and the nipples on the ends of those, think I've opened a can of worms here, we will have to see what else crops up.

mYe3t5L.jpg

iGY3NYE.jpg

cVvXevD.jpg

v6fcatu.jpg

KLqiDOa.jpg

BmxBGAt.jpg

uJbARYj.jpg

Kfg8LYB.jpg

1aAi0Z4.jpg

1owAgNw.jpg

n6pFX3X.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all as I said opened a whole bag of worms, of course with no tank or seat on the wiring loom would be visible, advice please does this look convincing ( obviously there would be loads more wires really but I don't have any thinner wire to hand and I don't want the loom to get too thick)
I realise I need to add the copper connectors to the end of the wires, and I realise the wires should be wrapped in black insulating tape, also the loom would not be tied with string, this I purely to check if its worth using this method.

diRjzTT.jpg

HlsrMZt.jpg

ri2HqSB.jpg

That frame and engine look superb Matey.

The engine even looks heavy.

Have you thought about black heat-shrink tube to make the main loom and telephone wire to replicate the wiring that exits the main loom?

This would ensure that the main part of the loom remained slim and flexible enough to route correctly around the frame and the exposed wires could have the bullet connectors added as required.

Might have some fine telephone wire in the garage if you need some to try and a few lengths of heat-shrink too if I haven't used it all.

Chris.

• Like 1

Dunno if this helps with the wiring, but after years of miserable failure I just mastered the Dark Art of Sprue Stretching -you can get really long lengths of ridiculously hair-thin plastic 'fibres' in this way, they are totally flexible but should be glued with superglue (styrene adhesive melts 'em to nowt). Also, the really good bit: you can apply the same method to a Q-Tip and get...insanely thin tube!

This is the clip that turned it around for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CpQaATf5w0

The only thing I do differently is using a tea-light rather than a ciggie lighter, so I have both hands free. And please don't "jeopardise your house"!

Hi all here is an update on this one, thanks to a friend he sent me some networking wires which are half the thickness of telephone wires, I am now happy with the wiring loom, I dipped the ends in clear bathroom sealant for the plastic insulation over the ends of the copper connectors also I used flattened soldering wire for the cable ties to the frame.

YPka6OS.jpg

PahrGcv.jpg

7r2sSof.jpg

WEqudIw.jpg

VashXC3.jpg

HvD2kVT.jpg

BqEbbLm.jpg

Man, that looks good! As the subject is one of my all-time :wub: s of the UJM era, you can expect much sucking of breath thru tightened lips when a build appears...but this guy is HOT!!! The diorama concept and 'props' are top-drawer too...

Hi all here is the latest update on this kit, I had a couple of errors pointed out to me, one of them blindingly obvious the rear sprocket should be on the rear wheel so I've sorted that and of course the tank filler hole should be taped up to hide the bit you are supposed to attatch it to the bike with(not there on the real bike)

ujbUEJy.jpg

yvcwmKr.jpg

g194veU.jpg

NFmhRq0.jpg

RXuyUZ6.jpg

lto8f2L.jpg

hsN5ltq.jpg

13fRhoB.jpg

mBQuDMB.jpg

DR3VUEc.jpg

2oAO1B4.jpg

CUNvBHW.jpg

OghOFJ7.jpg

Xi4CJ53.jpg

xzazi5G.jpg

now I know the qverall size of the bike I am going to try and build one of those bike ramps you see in workshops nowadays.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi here is a small update on this

obviously these exhaust flanges would not have the lge locating flange on the back they would be a sliding fit over the down pipes and would pull the downpipes up by the flange on the downpipe, so they needed drilling out.

cy0Z4Ie.jpg

slC0qI7.jpg

jyXNnVp.jpg

PC7fgn6.jpg

Made a rack for the exhausts

2aZwjue.jpg

EVSZKVn.jpg

2RCoyWg.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all on the last leg with this one, the bike itself is nearly finished, I am attempting to scratch a compressor, which of course would then involve trying to scratch a 1/6 spraygun, still trying to make convincing socket set(you may notice I've made the socket wrench) definitley on the last leg though (may have to make some shelving for the stuff that's laying around on the floor, it looks a very messy workshop which would fail any health and hygiene inspection.

Smsdz6I.jpg

nERWQJB.jpg

A8foFcq.jpg

L9pVrWA.jpg

23SWavE.jpg

DgHra7y.jpg

JDj8WQX.jpg

• Like 3