1/700 Russian Kashalot / Uniform Class Research and Special operations Submarine

I scratch built this small sub out of a piece of dowel and plasticard. I wanted a model of this sub after building the micromir kit, I just couldn't get the larger kit to look good so I concentrated on building one in my favourite scale.

Heres a bit of info from Wikipedia.

27-3104683-kashalot5dr_zps7lrpvtyn.jpg

The Project 1910 Kashalot class submarine (NATO reporting name: Uniform) is a class of research andspecial operations submarine constructed by the Soviet Union during the late 1970s and early 1980s.[1]

Two boats of the class were constructed, AS-13 and AS-15, with the first boat of the class being laid down in 1977 and commissioned in 1986, the second being laid down in 1983 but not commissioned until 1991.[1] A third class boat, AS-12, reached the fitting-out stage before being cancelled in 1998.[1]

Displacing 1,580 tons submerged, the Kashalot class was constructed using a single titanium hull design, and is powered by a nuclear reactor; they were the first Soviet nuclear-powered submarines to have a single hull.[1]The boats each have a crew of 36 officers and men.

DSCF5993_zpsli609hx4.jpg

DSCF5989_zpsoi6gbrur.jpgDSCF5990_zps0zniizhe.jpgDSCF5991_zpszupizmik.jpgDSCF5992_zpscabkkjs6.jpg

• Like 3