Sd. Kfz. 7 with 2cm Flak (Revell, 1:72)

Good morning,

this is one of the kits I did for a GB on a German modeling board. It's the almost new Revell kit, built OOB, except for the sight, which I replaced with some stretched sprue, formed around a small stick. Fitting was very good, detailing is good as well. There are just some pin marks, but they only show if you display the cabin open. Paint is Revell Sand and green-grey, camo pattern was hand brushed, base was airbrushed. Weathering was done with a brown-grey oil colour washing, and some filtering with white, yellow and brown oil colour.

The Flak is fully moveable, and can be removed from the vehicle, just in case. Some more pictures can be found on the photobucket site ( http://s418.photobucket.com/user/alex_f_74/library/Sd-Kfz-7/galerie-sdkfz7?sort=9&page=1), and the pictures of the WIP are as well there. ( http://s418.photobucket.com/user/alex_f_74/library/Sd-Kfz-7?sort=9&page=1 ).

2-seite_zpslrptn1gj.jpg

4-seite_zpssiemwnek.jpg

5-seiterechts_zpsryrtewq3.jpg

8-detail_zpstwcbivky.jpg

12-schraeghinten_zpst7kwnmub.jpg

13-schraeghinten_zpsb8hbqmxa.jpg

After all, a very nice kit! I like the Mad-Maxish look of the armoured cab. Hope you like it too!

Alex

• Like 11

Thanks! In fact, I forgot to mention something - the holes on the walls have been drilled out with a 0.5mm-drill. It was an easy task, the recesses are good enough to keep the drill well-centered. It just took some time, but it was really easy. Painting is easy as well, there are 4 paint schemes - one grey overall, the one I did and two with a three-colour pattern. So, enough choice to satisfy everyones needs! The only drawback is the missing personnel, in case you want to do a little vignette. But that's it. By the way, the tracks are fantastic to built - paint, and bend them around the wheels. Much easier than fiddling around with single links! Overall, I would rate this kit with 9.5/10!

Alex

• Like 1

A nice small Revell kit.

The Flak 38 on new tools is much better than the old Hasegawa/Esci one.

Realistic sagging and pretty paint.

Edited by kira666