Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine....

viscount806x

Just one note re. 'digital issues': these are not as popular as often advertised.

No doubt, there are people who are buying them. But, by far not as many as thought: they're actually still a tiny minority.

Really?what are you basing this on? Not necessarily doubting you, just interested in actual figures Most of my modelling friends buy digital

Bruce

And even if you threat my life now, I couldn't point you at specific stats: I simply read a number of relevant articles over the last few years. :P

In essence, and although completely ignored in the public, print is booming (and so also publishers that concentrated on print) - alone because of much improved quality (like digital-offset, for example) - while the entire hipe about digital issues is actually a part of advertising campaign by specific companies.

Again: this does not mean there is anything 'exclusive' or 'definite'. It's certainly so that some people do prefer digital issues. It's just so that they remain a minority (and very tiny, at least in most of cases).

EDIT: I should add that the articles in question were describing the situation in the USA (specifically: East Coast) and German language area. And then that most of articles in question were stressing that what makes printing publishers as successful is foremost a high quality of their products (not only high quality of print, but also that of their authors, editing, design and setting, etc.).

This is causing me to at least 'lean' in direction of concluding that the situation in the UK is likely to be similar - although it's perfectly possible that it's actually different (particularly because, well, sorry to say it, but much of stuff published in relation to our 'sphere of interest' in the UK is not really what I tend to associate with the word 'quality'). The articles in question were not specific in this regards.

Edited by Tom Cooper
  • Like 1

Just to divert this thread slightly, has anybody seen the end of September issue yet as neither my newsagent or local WHS has a copy.

I have a sub and it came in the post end of last week.

Nige B

Just to divert this thread slightly, has anybody seen the end of September issue yet as neither my newsagent or local WHS has a copy.

Picked my copy up in WHS Exeter last Sunday. Never have managed to find out the usual monthly publication date so check every time I go in towards the end of the month.

HTH

P