1:48 MiG-29 9-13 VVS red 24

Hi everyone

This was one of those projects stretched out to the max over the years. Back then there was no GWH 29s and the Academy MiG was the only game in town.

To make it a 9-13 version - the humpback I used a Neomega conversion (cockpit and the spine). In terms of accuracy it is debatable as the hump is not quite correct. Well nevertheless it is OK imho..

If any of you did the Academy 29 you all know it's quite a pain. The kit itself is nice, but needs some add ons to look better (exhausts, nose cone, armament). I had to cut the original spine and replace it with the resin one. Tons of putty were used in the process...Also there was some panel scribing and riveting..

I've used Fru Fru R-27 R and Eduard MiG-21's R-60. I really wouldn't know if that is accurate but I guess it looks good. I have a few photos of the red 24 and in some it appears to lack the front LG mud guard, yet on some other photos it is there...

Decals are Begemot and the paints used are by Akan shades for Fulcrum

I hope you like it....

a2.jpg

a1.jpga3.jpga14.jpga6.jpga7.jpga8.jpga10.jpg

a12.jpga13.jpg

Thanks for watching, please check my blog for more photos and info

cheers

Edited by vesthepes
  • Like 17

That's gorgeous - how did you find the Bergemot decals, I used some on a Mil-8 and they were almost impossible to use so thin they just folded to nothing out of the water!

Thanks lads, I'm glad it's finally done and parked on a shelf.

Shrek51, I really can't comment your troubles on Begemot decals, mine went on quite OK. Have you tried solvents like microset and microsol?

The only bad thing I can say about those decals is they turned yellowish. To solve that you simply leave them sunbathe on the window for a week or too..

Great work and nice work on the convention. I have GWH Mig-29 on the go at the moment which is also an 'extended build'!

looks very nice!

would not have guessed on the Neomega conversion, looks really smooth the hump!

one question though: whose nose cone did you use?

a MiG-29 9.13 would have more likely used R-73s, but who knows? they certainly look good!