Paint stripper

jhutchi

Hello.

Hannants sell a product called "Model Strip" (if I remember correctly). It comes in a plastic container, very roughly half the size of a Coke can. It's about £5.00.

You paint a good, thick layer of the stuff on the area you want to remove paint from, wrap the model in a plastic-bag and leave overnight, then wash the product off the next morning with cold water and an old tooth-brush. In my experience, it removes just about anything.

You can also use some domestic cleaning-liquids (Tesco's Value Household Cleaner is a decent, very cheap example), but I have found these rather slow and not effective on all types of paint.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

HI Jhutchi,

Homebase and B&Q sell a good gel paint stripper for less than £10 a pot. You brush it on, let it work, and wash it off. It doesn't have the odour of some other paint strippers. Failing this, Fairy Power Spray, and the Tesco Cleaner "stickied" on the forum are good too. The Tesco stuff is rather slow so an overnight soak is required. Powerspray will strip most acrylics in an hour or so.

Best Wishes,

Will.