German armour question

Vicarage Vee

I have a small collection of about half a dozen German armour kits that I'd like to bring together in a diorama. I'd prefer it to be vaguely feasible but the question I need to resolve is whether there was any theatre of operations in which the Sd Kfz 124 Wespe and the Panzer III Ausf L overlapped at all. I am far from knowledgeable about this area so I would be grateful for some knowledgeable advice. Is Italy 1943 a vague possibility? Many thanks for your thoughts.

Wonderful! Many thanks for the fast and informative reply Panzer Vor.

Would I be right in thinking that three colour camouflage would be appropriate for vehicles at that point, Maybe the Panzer III looking a bit careworn too?

The IIIL ended production at the close of 1942, while the Wespe would begin coming off the production line two months later.

For Italy, possibly very early in the campaign with the 26th Panzer Division. There are some interesting numbers here, but the site does not reveal what are it's sources, so can't be verified:

http://users.skynet.be/niemacks_place/OOB/Heer/Panzer%20Formations/Panzer%20Regiments/26%20Panzer%20Regiment.htm

regards,

Jack

It wouldn't be till the ambush scheme of August 1944 that vehicles would leave factories in 3 colour. So up to that point, extra colours on top of the dark yellow were field applied - all depends on the local commanders discretion, hence a lot of variation.

Only exception would be the two tone DAK vehicles that ended up be shipped elsewhere other than Africa.

regards,

Jack