French Fancy GB poll results

The French Fancy GB poll is now closed. The results are in and I am pleased to announce the winners:

Ilking's Rafale B - 8 votes

Bjorn's Mirage IIIE - 7 votes

modelling minion's F4U-7 - 6 votes

Three very well deserved winners with excellent models. Ilking seems to be making a habit of winning GB polls! :thumbsup:

I have to say that this one was extremely difficult to choose my favourite as there was a superb range of subjects, all finished to a very high standard.

So that's it... all over bar the shouting. ...and the :beer::)

I would like to thank Wez for dreaming up this GB in the first place. His idea was to provide an inclusive forum for any subject one can think of. I think you'll agree that is exactly what happened. We had aircraft as usual, but we also had military models (both vehicles and figures); cars; even a submarine, which I believe is a first for a GB.

I would also like to thank Mish for providing unfailing support and guidance to the mods, and Mike for providing the BM forum!

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who entered the GB for your enthusiasm and obvious enjoyment. You have made this GB everything we could have hoped.

So... there is an obvious successor in the offing. trickyrich's proposed La Dolce Vita GB will be the equivalent of this one, with an Italian theme. I'm voting for it in the poll in November. I hope you do too.

• Like 7

The French Fancy GB poll is now closed. The results are in and I am pleased to announce the winners:

Ilking's Rafale B - 8 votes

Bjorn's Mirage IIIE - 7 votes

modelling minion's F4U-7 - 6 votes

Three very well deserved winners with excellent models. Ilking seems to be making a habit of winning GB polls! :thumbsup:

I have to say that this one was extremely difficult to choose my favourite as there was a superb range of subjects, all finished to a very high standard.

So that's it... all over bar the shouting. ...and the :beer::)

I would like to thank Wez for dreaming up this GB in the first place. His idea was to provide an inclusive forum for any subject one can think of. I think you'll agree that is exactly what happened. We had aircraft as usual, but we also had military models (both vehicles and figures); cars; even a submarine, which I believe is a first for a GB.

I would also like to thank Mish for providing unfailing support and guidance to the mods, and Mike for providing the BM forum!

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who entered the GB for your enthusiasm and obvious enjoyment. You have made this GB everything we could have hoped.

So... there is an obvious successor in the offing. trickyrich's proposed La Dolce Vita GB will be the equivalent of this one, with an Italian theme. I'm voting for it in the poll in November. I hope you do too.

Thanks Enzo for all your support especially when I had to immerse myself in end of year assignments and then take off to deepest, darkest Europe to recover from the experience (Wobbly is very good for dealing with post study stress)!

Thanks to all of you who took part, there's some very inspirational models there and I was so glad to see so many models of things other than aircraft - it just goes to show, not every GB has to be about aircraft.

Like Enzo, I'll be voting for TrickyRich's La Dolce Vita GB and hgbn's Nordic GB for the same reasons - one of them has got to get through!

Wez

• Like 3

Yep, great GB, thanks for all the advice I got here and there were some amazing builds. Such a wide range of subjects as well, which is great to see...

As for the first Sub in a GB, that's obviously not including the 'Battle of the Atlantic' GB that was held a few years ago... ;)

J.

• Like 1

As for the first Sub in a GB, that's obviously not including the 'Battle of the Atlantic' GB that was held a few years ago...

<Captain Mainwaring>

Yes, I was wondering who would be the first to notice that.

</Captain Mainwaring>

:lol:

• Like 1