Revell 1:32 Hawker Hunter FGA9 - RAF Brawdy late 70's

I bought the Corgi version of this years ago and was quite disappointed with it so when Revell re-released this I decided to do it as the RAF Brawdy aircraft from the 1970's. This is partly because I used to spend my holidays in West Wales and often saw Hunters flying around the valleys from Brawdy and I loved the 'blue note' sound.

So what a fabulous kit this is! It was an easy build and I enjoyed it so much I've got another one (F6) on the way. It is OOB except the pilot which is PJ Productions. The paints are Mr Color, Tamiya and Vallejo and the weathering was done using Flory washes.

A big thanks to Bentwaters who kindly donated decals to create the serial numbers as I was struggling with this and for others who advised on the colours for the insignia.

3a62d39f-3c99-4d30-b27b-7618bcb4e307_zps2c7f2ed6-6540-47e9-a575-692f859ca6ce_zpsd04e2f7e-e981-4d49-b8ee-d1be2571e4d0_zps93c51af8-5169-4a9d-95e9-7d477ce2eea3_zpsd504e34a-2eeb-4515-be0f-a805ca3644bb_zps30c22f77-8e35-471f-a044-66029e78d368_zps9bcb9625-9e29-4967-96b5-494e660bac34_zpsa97b2943-09de-4713-88e4-79cd04929053_zps

• Like 27

Nice results there. The revell kit is awesome, recently built it myself, check the signature.

Can I ask where do you store it, without the undercarriage?

Nice results there. The revell kit is awesome, recently built it myself, check the signature.

Can I ask where do you store it, without the undercarriage?

Thanks for your comments and I like your version enormously. This one and the F6 I am due to start will hang from the ceiling in my home office! I'd like to do one as one if the Blue Diamonds as well but it surprising how little after market there is. In fact there seems to be virtually nothing. Chris

Thanks for your comments and I like your version enormously. This one and the F6 I am due to start will hang from the ceiling in my home office! I'd like to do one as one if the Blue Diamonds as well but it surprising how little after market there is. In fact there seems to be virtually nothing. Chris

Yes, there used to be a resin cockpit set, which is hard to find these days, can't remember who made it, so really aftermarket there just seems to be decals, and those are limited to certain aircraft, hence you issue with decals.

Well something was bothering me about these photos and I have just realised what it is - I haven't fitted the pitot!

honestly!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986113-do-you-ever-make-idiotic-errors-when-building-kits-that-make-you-want-to-punch-yourself-in-the-face/

I like your build, the colour scheme and the weathering. I am curious though, when did the RAF move to a glass undercarriage? ;)

• Like 1

Super job, very nice.

Have you thought of getting some clear acrylic rod and mounting it on a base?

Good idea raising the gear, my main legs are starting to bow inwards after a few years on the shelf.

Shaun.

• Like 1