Revell/MPC Cylon Raider

This has been sitting away in storage fully completed for a number of years. I finally got it out, dusted it off and did some weathering on it with some extra painting to bring it up to scratch. It is not a bad kit and still looks the part after all these years.

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

• Like 14

call me old fashioned but still prefer this one over the newer version!!!!!!

Me too. I recently watched a number of series of the "new" BSG and found it very depressing, mainly as something to fill some time, I gave up on it not many episodes into the last series - it was so depressing, and so repetitive in some ways, and other things I can't describe at this time, that I don't really care if they found Earth!!

Although on the flip side the original series seems a bit cheesy now, but I do prefer the Cylon raider and the Cylon warriors from back then.

@noelbarnes - looks great I love the panel lines you've done on it, I wish I could do panels like that, I presume they are pre-shaded?

Edited by Raven Morpheus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me too. I recently watched a number of series of the "new" BSG and found it very depressing, mainly as something to fill some time, I gave up on it not many episodes into the last series - it was so depressing, and so repetitive in some ways, and other things I can't describe at this time, that I don't really care if they found Earth!!

Although on the flip side the original series seems a bit cheesy now, but I do prefer the Cylon raider and the Cylon warriors from back then.

@noelbarnes - looks great I love the panel lines you've done on it, I wish I could do panels like that, I presume they are pre-shaded?

HI Raven, sorry for the late response. Thanks for your comments....yes the panel lines are preshaded. I think If I were to do another, I would re-scribe and post shade. Cheers.

• Like 1

WOW, this takes me back......

When it was 1st released over here in the UK in about 1979, i had the choice of either the Viper or the Raider: I chose the Raider for the singular reason that it had TWO firing missiles as opposed to the 1 on the Viper.

I really must get another one of these purely for nostalgia, & YES the missiles will fire!!!!!

Any chance of an underside shot, Noel?

Edited by prowler0000
  • Like 1

WOW, this takes me back......

When it was 1st released over here in the UK in about 1979, i had the choice of either the Viper or the Raider: I chose the Raider for the singular reason that it had TWO firing missiles as opposed to the 1 on the Viper.

I really must get another one of these purely for nostalgia, & YES the missiles will fire!!!!!

Any chance of an underside shot, Noel?

I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

I had this kit when it firsr came out. My Mum had a big win at the Bingo and bought it for me as a treat. My Brother and I spent hours working out where the detail parts were sources from. Seemed to be mostly tanks with a large care engine for the rear hull. The firing missiles were awesome.

• Like 1