Buddy Build: Panigale Paul Smart Homage

Whilst waiting for some Citroen seats to dry I tried the Humbrol Polished Alu - NO. Found an old tube of 'Rub n Buff', it was pretty dry but worth a try, however it picked up the primer coat enough to give a rough cast effect [must make a mental note of this effect somewhere!] Rubbed the disc down with fine wet & dry and reapplied on a cocktail stick and buffed. This is the finish. I may try Alclad for the front discs as there are many other parts to be finished in this too.

152719.jpg

• Like 1

Just been looking at tinernet and came across this - I want one. Toys out of pram 😭😭😭 - cause I can't justify that kind of money on a die cast kit, but I'd so love one

http://www.hiroboy.com/14_Ducati_Superbike_1299_Panigale_S_Pocher--product--9542.html

Edited by cookiezoom

Just had a quick scan at the Pocher build. Looking at the exhaust I'd expect better parts & fit considering the scale. Don't you think they are a bit like posh Meccano? You could have a proper working Mini Moto for a lot less and probably have more laughs. 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2015 at 5:36 PM, mbdesignart said:

050533.jpg

050542.jpg

Here is the inspiration for my build along with some reference shots of the Superleggera which features some upgrades I may incorporate. Also I'm thinking of an underseat exhaust, maybe the Zard one?

Kit build photos to follow.

Here's a challenge for you, Mark.

Build your PS homage with wire spoke wheels! (If this was the plan anyway, good onya!)

Kev.

• 1 month later...

Mbdesignart....are you using the original decals? Just wondering cause I've just ruined one of the Ohlins - fork decal 😡

If your not using them could I perhaps purchase them off you? 

Edited by cookiezoom

19 hours ago, cookiezoom said:

Mbdesignart....are you using the original decals? Just wondering cause I've just ruined one of the Ohlins - fork decal 😡

If your not using them could I perhaps purchase them off you? 

Sorry to read of your mishap. I think I'm doing the black forks from the Superleggera which has white Ohlins decals so if it's just the blue ones you want yes you can have them. 

That is the trouble with Pocher, it's all flash and no fly. In the 70's the kits were goo (better) But now sorry, you can't relly on your name for ever and then turn out kak. Italeri are doing the  same. However if we keep buying this kak then we only have ourselves to blame...

Colin

19 hours ago, heloman1 said:

That is the trouble with Pocher, it's all flash and no fly. In the 70's the kits were goo (better) But now sorry, you can't relly on your name for ever and then turn out kak. Italeri are doing the  same. However if we keep buying this kak then we only have ourselves to blame...

Colin

Good to see your keeping up to speed bro!;)

Anyway back to the build... with a few spare minutes I decided to remake the brake/clutch fluid reservoirs. The front ones are on arms fitted to the brake lever clamps. I cut off the kit items from the upper yoke, removed and kept the caps and added some new reservoirs from clear tube. A bit of brass shim stock makes up the arms. The rear one [to the left] will replace the stock item to the rear of the assembly once the painting has been finished.

150049.jpg

As I have decided the suspension will be as per the Superleggera the fork top adjusters need altering, more on that story later...

214839.jpg

Edited by mbdesignart
more info
  • Like 1

I've remade the reservoirs as I didn't like the yellow paint filling or brass brackets. The 'fluid' is now from an old bottle of Microgloss that has yellowed with age and the with inner surface of the tube having been drilled out this is now semi frosted - this combination looks to be a winner, even though the varnish is yet to set.  I've dug out from the spares box some pre finished black PE fret which I will use to remake the brackets.

Most of the time on these mods has been taken up searching for bits that keep ending up on the carpet. Is there some 'anti-fling' device for catching small parts? One of those lab cabinets with sleeves perhaps? Once completed I post some photos.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Large plastic bag, use it for cutting all your PE parts.  Work inside the bag, you'll be surpsed how little gets down to the carpet.

If I did that I might suffocate and then I'd never get the kit built! :o

23 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

One of those lab cabinets with sleeves perhaps?

Lol, if you find one let me know. I need one. I swear there's a carpet monster under my desk.....they just vanish. I've even had my hubby looking for bits 

The painting has begun. Toyota Lucerne Silver [ex back of a cupboard] for the bodywork and a mix of Humbrol 50, 52 and silver for the light blue/green Ducati colour which is Seafoam Green apparently. Note old style Ducati logo on the tank as per the PSR. These need lacquering in a couple of days which gives me time to do begin the polished aluminium finish for the engine etc.

194028.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/17/2016 at 3:47 PM, cookiezoom said:

Lol, if you find one let me know. I need one. I swear there's a carpet monster under my desk.....they just vanish. I've even had my hubby looking for bits 

There is a  carpet monster under everyones desk and I have a cement floor in my cave... Much easier to find dropped part just have a quick sweep round.

Colin

• Like 1