Buddy Build: Panigale Paul Smart Homage

We now have a rolling chassis. The chrome finish to the covers for the clutch and gearbox housing haven't been very successful and consequently need stripping and refinishing.

Anyone else had a problem with the stand not holding the bike upright? The fit of the stem into the hub is not snug enough despite wrapping it with some Tamiya tape.

205338.jpg  205139.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

A little more progress has been achieved over the last couple of days. The rear light assembly and tail cowl are on, I've altered the light arrangement from stock to a clear lens with the indicators to the outer strips. The tank is on as a trial fit as I still need to do some repainting and fit a couple of water hoses. I've also ordered some Tamiya braided hose for the front brake & clutch lines.

194101.jpg  194015.jpg

• Like 2

Almost there...and about time too?! The brake and clutch hoses are on, I capped the ends with the black vinyl hose from the kit to locate onto the nibs on the callipers etc. The scratch built clear fluid reservoirs have been fixed on the bars and a few more body parts have been added. I'm not happy with the fit of the tail panels, see a bus pass through. Just the fairing to add and I'll take some decent photos and throw it in the finished build section.

150232.jpg  150333.jpg  

150412.jpg 

Update: I had a battle aligning the fairing and side panels to get them to fit. After much drilling of holes paring of mating parts and cursing it is all together. Not what I expected from Tamiya.

Edited by mbdesignart
more info