Mask sets for Wingnut Wings Felixstowe F.2a and AEG G.IV.

Mask sets for Wingnut Wings Felixstowe F.2a and AEG G.IV

1:32 HGW Models

HGW1.jpg

Two new masking sets have been received from HGW models, designed for the recent releases from Wingnut Wings.
Both are cut on yellow kabuki tape with very crisp edges to each element. Kabuki tape is by far the best material for making masks from, as it adheres well to the surface, has a litlle 'give' in it for compound curves, and easliy peels off leaving no residue.

632029 Felixstowe F.2a

This set is most applicable to the early version of the F.2a with the fully enclosed cockpit glazing.Masks are provided for all the glazing elements and should make light work of it. The masks for the propeller tips are very welcome. Having struggled to do similar masking on my FE.2b 4 bladed prop, I know how hard it was to make 8 similar shaped masking elements. All the hard work has been done for you here.

HGW5.jpg

HGW4.jpg

632030 AEG G.IV

Also finely cut on yellow kabuki tape, there are elements here for the propeller hubs, wheels, and glazing. The large clear panel (part C4) on the underside adn both the small cockpit windshields are provided for. The wheel masks will also be useful and make swift work of accurately painting all four tyres.

HGW3.jpg

HGW2.jpg

Conclusion.

These are very useful items, and I notice that HGW has quite an extensive range for Wingnut Wings kits. I wish I had known about the one for the Fe2b prop earlier! It is proving virtually impossible to photograph the yellow sheets and show the detail of the elements on them. The cutting is very fine and sharp though, so I would expect them to go onto the model surfaces and give very neat edges to the paint, particularly if you spray paint.

Both those reviewed here are of excellent quality, and the set for the Felixstowe F.2a (early) will be essential for anyone building this kit, and the AEG G.IV set will make light work if some fiddly masking.

Highly recommended

bin.jpg

Review samples courtesy of
logo.jpg