Dad's daily ride in 1944/5 - a Daimler Dingo (by Mini Art)

Great picture of your Dad and his mount. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my late father with a Dingo, but my Mum has a picture of him in uniform "guarding" a section of Daimler Armoured Cars while on a navigation exercise around Windsor. Dad regaled us of a tale of an elderly lady approaching him on the day in question and asking him if he was a GPO engineer as her telephone was not working....

Have you seen this website? http://www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk/

The owner of the website let me drive his Dingo at a military vehicle show a few years ago - what a thrill!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this thread has ended or not, but will ask the OP (and any others) anyway.

I'm just starting the miniart Mk III dingo. You painted the interior in what looks like the same color as the exterior. Is this the general accepted practice?

I ask, as onn a couple of other sites, it's stated that the interior color was white, or a light color. My very limited knowledge gives me the impression that it should be the vehicle color, as you have done.

US practice was generally only enclosed vehicles had white interiors, just as a vision help when all buttoned up. All open top vehicles had the interior the same as the exterior.

So, am I safe in doing the interior of mine in the basic exterior color?

Thank you.

Jim F

Hey Jim, welcome aboard. I would like to get an answer to your question. By the way, I'm located not too far from you ( Richmond, VA. ). I do not normally do armor but I will keep on working to improve my knowledge base so that I might have a clue whenever I start to build some armor. Bob H.

Hi Bob. Thanks for the welcome. Been in and through Richmond many times. How's the I 95 construction going? :)

You into aircraft, or sonething else? I'm only back into armor modeling this past year. Got away from it in the 70's, when I got into model railroading.

I have 2 Dingo builds started, one in 1/76 and one in 1/35. So far, from all I have seen in photes, I plan to do the interiors dark. If I find something very conclusive indicating the opposite, before I reach the paint stage, I'll reconsider.

Jim F