Airfix 1/72 Defiant Target Tug

Hi Tony, yes, but not many and not very good, I'll have a look through them and select some that are reasonable and post them.

Here we go, not very good, but feel free to ask any specifics about the build..

image_zpsnsu8b4re.jpg

image_zpskc68zl2m.jpg

image_zpslfqwahwf.jpg

image_zpspo5cvfb6.jpg

image_zps0iqlyy8y.jpg

image_zpshnnuxzyi.jpg

Edited by Mmarchal
  • Like 3

Lovely job of a relatively unsung aircraft! Hopefully kits such as this will be released in the future for the new 1/48 airfix defiant.

• Like 1

That's really nice looking Defiant.. are those PE parts purpose built for it?. Nice paint job- I'd like to see it against plain background, away from your bench/paints...:) your model is definitely worth it!... Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

Thanks all for your kind words. Steve, I used the standard kit, some parts from an older MPM kit, some scratch building, parts from the spares box and the Eduard Pe set for the kit. Most of the tug parts are from the MPM, with a fair bit of butchering to make them fit.

• Like 1

Hi JWM, don't think there is an aftermarket conversion available, so I used the MPM as a donor kit for most of the tug parts. Unfortunately, fit is average at best and MPM has omitted some parts, so you'll have to add some scratch building to it. (tail wire tensioners, window in back insert etc..) All not too dramatic, just takes a bit of time and persistence.

• Like 1

Hi JWM, don't think there is an aftermarket conversion available, so I used the MPM as a donor kit for most of the tug parts. (...)

Many thanks :) - I like the idea, I will try to follow you.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek