're USAF Skyraiders Vietnam

BushBrit66

Do a search for Zotz Decals. I think they do some A-1 markings in 32nd, but don't remember if any of them were for USAF machines during Vietnam.

Later,

Dave

Hi Sean,

I`ve looked through some of my books and the only ones I found were VNAF ones with their wings folded but no reason why USAF ones wouldn`t , I guess.

Folded with weapons on seems to be more of a Navy thing though.

Cheers Russ

Presumably it would be quite rare for the USAF to fold the wings given the intended purpose is to save space on a carrier deck. I can't recall seeing pics of any USAF plane with folded wings during the time I was interested in aviation history.

Do a search for Zotz Decals. I think they do some A-1 markings in 32nd, but don't remember if any of them were for USAF machines during Vietnam.

Later,

Dave

I did a search myself earlier today and Zotz produced two 32nd A-1 in Vietnam sheets. The sheet covering USAF SPADs is out of print but the one for Navy birds is still available. Here is the address for the out of print USAF sheet:

http://www.zotz-decals.com/decals/zotz-32050.shtml

The Navy sheet is 32049. I myself never saw any of the F-4s we had at Bentwaters or Woodbridge with folded wings, but a friend of mine remembered seeing some of the F-4s at George AFB, California with them folded.

Later,

Dave

Take a look at Wayne Mutza's book, A-1 Skyraider in Vietnam. It'll give you the answers.

Martin

Hi Martin, for those of us who`ve not got the privilege of accessing said book, please enlighten us as to what`s in it, folded, loaded or not ?