Age of Sigmar - Horrors of Tzeentch

• 10 months later...

Very belated thanks for the kind comments! I have finally painted some more fantasy stuff - these are from the Silver Tower set and are various minions of Tzeentch, the Chaos god of magic and change.

First up are eight "Grot Scuttlings" - a kind of mix of tiny goblin and giant spider. These were split in half vertically but the seam turned out to be pretty easy to get rid of as there's not much detail to worry about:

28294963993_2f413543a4_b.jpg

Then we have two Pink Horrors, capering magical beasts:

28805339902_dece752a57_b.jpg

When killed, they each split into two Blue Horrors, which are apparently surly and grumpy:

28910432805_c1e41e66d2_b.jpg

Each of which in turn splits into two Brimstone Horrors. GW decided to reign in the exponential curve at this point and produce the pairs as single models. In fact they're single parts and as a result are a wee bit flat:

28910434195_1c9ae4d2aa_b.jpg

I wondered about heating them to bend them a bit, but I didn't think I could focus the heat well enough so didn't.

They took all of an evening to paint up:

28677473000_be8907e6e5_b.jpg

28677475600_4553ebb15d_b.jpg

and then another evening to varnish and make bases for. The bases have curvy metal shapes on to give a Tzeentch feel, but then they ended up being the only flat spots so the horrors stand on them and you can't really see :( Pity because I did a nice weathered gold paint job.

I don't really like the way the horrors interact with the bases at all, and for the others I might base them earlier so they aren't floating above the grit.

28991163175_9019f05d62_b.jpg

I am really happy with the loud contrasty colours though - they go all the way from black (teeth and tips) to white (middles of the flames)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 3

Those are incredible, I hope to see more soon. I really wanted to buy the silver tower set but I haven't touched my AoS starter set yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one stashed away somewhere in the future...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks and sorry it took me so long to reply! Both those boxes have some great models in although I found the AoS ones a bit fatiguing to paint - sooo many details.

I'm currently knee-deep in Tyranids (send help!) so I won't be getting back to these for a month or so, sadly.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...