Airfix 1/48 Hurricane,17 Sqn,Debden 1940.

Hi folk,s an off camera build over the last few week's has been Airfix's new tool Hurricane finished in the colour's

of 17 Squadron flown by P/O Steven's during the Battle of Britain.The kit has been well covered here with one or

two superb example's already posted,I added a break pipe;s to the u/c doors which I noted on the wealth of

information available here on BM mainly down to Troy, also a mirror on the Glazing and weathered using Maskol

then promptly missed off the characteristic staining underneath and on the u/c door's,Ah well! Hope you like.

SDC13953%20640x480_zpslmqvrsy9.jpgSDC13952%20640x480_zps36xuum8w.jpgSDC13951%20640x480_zpsilumnjip.jpgSDC13950%20640x480_zpsjjbo8l9k.jpgSDC13947%20640x480_zpswyvgakhv.jpgSDC13946%20640x480_zpsroykbjlf.jpgSDC13945%20640x480_zps5uoi7lir.jpgSDC13943%20640x480_zps4qxpfl3i.jpgSDC13955%20640x480_zpsgkfvm0zc.jpgSDC13957%20640x480_zpsqsilbkai.jpg

Very much a practice piece for another entry in the BoB GB.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 25

The Hurricane has a rugged beauty to it, and you've have done a pretty impressive job on your model!

Great work, well done :)

• Like 1

Steve -

Lovely work - one of my favourite WW2 aircraft as well.

BTW - how well does this kit go together?

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Steve -

Lovely work - one of my favourite WW2 aircraft as well.

BTW - how well does this kit go together?

Regards

Dave

Like a dream Dave,I had a problem with the top to bottom wing join but no one else seems to have had the same problem

so probably me! Everything else is superb.

Superb Hurricane Steve. Very nicely done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am going to have to try and make one of these at some point......... :pilot:

Thank,s Stix,It is a superb kit without any major vices,as I said a practice piece to see how it build,s there's a few thing's I will do

differently for the BoB GB one including tinkering with that dark earth colour.

very nice hurricane Steve :) i m also thinking about this kit, definitely going to get it after seeing yours and others here on BM :) cheers

Well worth seeking out Wolwe,it really is a stress free build and a high level's of detail too.

Lovely looking Hurri there Steve, nicely photographed too... is it the (now) "old"one? and what is this u/c doors staining you speak of? best, Dave

Many thank;s Dave,this is the new tool version from earlier this year.the Hurricane was prone to oil and fluid leak's which due to

airflow spread outwards over the U/C door's,I used to miss it out on all my weathered Hurricane build's till I think Troy suggested

adding it,here,s my old tool kit to give you an idea of how it look's.

SDC12200800x533_zpse86c5cf4.jpg

• Like 1

Many thank;s Dave,this is the new tool version from earlier this year.the Hurricane was prone to oil and fluid leak's which due to

airflow spread outwards over the U/C door's,I used to miss it out on all my weathered Hurricane build's till I think Troy suggested

adding it,here,s my old tool kit to give you an idea of how it look's.

SDC12200800x533_zpse86c5cf4.jpg

Ah ha. Thought that looked a bit nice! ( although your "old tool" one looks great too..) Thanks for that info on the u/c staining I may try that on my 1/72 Hurricane I'm finishing at the moment..

Cheers , Dave

• Like 1