DaveJL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 08/01/2017 at 0:12 PM, Antoine said:

Dates that could suits me.

I'm afraid this one is way over 25%???

j-11b10.jpgj-11b_14.jpgj-11b_24.jpg

Dave, I'd like to know what you think about it.

First look makes you sure its over 50% done, but if you know this kit, there's about ten parts, no more.

And I might change the K-36 for a resin one.

Aiming to come on board with another air show build; Ukraine Su-27UB Blue 71 as displayed at Malta 2016.  Also have an Su-27 single seater, so if only I could find decals for 58 could attempt the display pair.

Edited by FortyEighter
Typo

Just wondering, I'd put myself down for the Italeri 1:72 Su-34, but I realise now that's technically not a Flanker, but a Fullback (even if it's based on the Flanker). Is that version allowed in this GB?

Thanks...

On 23/08/2017 at 9:32 PM, Jasonb13 said:

Just wondering, I'd put myself down for the Italeri 1:72 Su-34, but I realise now that's technically not a Flanker, but a Fullback (even if it's based on the Flanker). Is that version allowed in this GB?

Thanks...

I asked the same question a while back and the answer was yes, the Su-34 is included.

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would be happy to join this GB. I have the Academy 1/48 SU-27 (Eduard's reboxing) that has been sitting in the stash since 2011.
I have inserted the resin cockpit tube (2 parts) into the upper half of the air frame but that's it. 

Best regards
Johan

15 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Welcome gents.

Just over a week to go. Will hopefully get the threads up and running soon.

Hoho!!!! I have just about got everything I need in! Trying not buy another one to build, but I do like a Flanker.

Forgive me my very basic question regarding how to paint my Flanker! I have the 1:72 Zvezda Su-33 kit which I plan to build out of the box with kit supplied decals. Is the AKAN set #47326 what I need for painting the beast? I´m confused with Sea Flanker old and new paint schemes, and with which AKAN paints are water thinnable and suit a brush painter best. Thanks in advance, V-P.

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Forgive me my very basic question regarding how to paint my Flanker! I have the 1:72 Zvezda Su-33 kit which I plan to build out of the box with kit supplied decals. Is the AKAN set #47326 what I need for painting the beast? I´m confused with Sea Flanker old and new paint schemes, and with which AKAN paints are water thinnable and suit a brush painter best. Thanks in advance, V-P.

It is the correct set for a Su-33 painted after 2006. So it fits the decal versions in the Zvezda Su-33 kit.

Single colors are 73163, 73164 and 73165.

Although Akan also offers 73030 and 73065 for the Su-33.

Keep in mind that the above mentioned colors are 'factory fresh' tones. They tend to fade quick in real life.

I have the akan colors as well but may exchange them for the new Hataka orange-line series.

They look to me a little bit better and are also easier to work with. At least for me :-)

A question from me: Is it possible to join this group build at a later time?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

I'm pretty certain you can join a Group Build whenever you want, even one week before the end of it, if you think you can complete the build in time! :)

Jason is right!  :thumbsup: 

Hu!

That one is also already on the doorstep!

A hard year for time constraint folks like me any soo many interesting GBs!!

But this one is hard to pass by.........

1/48, Su-35 or 33 for a midern tooling....

Or a classic Academy Su-27 in Russian Knights colors?  Or a MKI type conversion?

....a week to think about ;)

Edited by exdraken

Damn this has crept up, hopefully I'll still be able to join, just need to pick up the Akan pants for the revell zvezda su27. Every time I go and buy them and the su34 ones there's always one out of stock though. 

probably also an idea to make it clear which sets/colours are for which schemes, not even sure Ive got it correct 

Edited by PhantomBigStu