Flanker STGB chat

DaveJL

Dates: 30 Sep 2017 to 31 Dec 2017

Host: DaveJL

Hello all,

Having noted from another thread that there's never been a Mig-29 GB, i'm not sure if there has been a Flanker one either!

So i'm proposing a Su-27/30/33/35 Flanker Group build!

I've built a couple of the schemes i've always liked, but there are a few more close to the top of my list, these being:

Venezuelan Su-30

Uzbek Su-27

Ugandan Su-30

Also would like to do a Su-30MKI, MKM and MKA but doubt there'll be the necessary kit out :lol:

Who would be interested?

Dave

I take it the start time would be sometime in 2016 at the earliest? I'd be up for it, I have another Su-30 in the stash!

Muzz

I take it the start time would be sometime in 2016 at the earliest? I'd be up for it, I have another Su-30 in the stash!

Muzz

I'd imagine so mate if we get the necessary numbers!

Think i'll go with a Venezuelan Su-30MK.

Interested so far:

DaveJL

Mozzy19

Muzz

Dave,

I've an Italeri Sea Flanker in the stash - I know it's not very accurate to those in the know...but would be interested all right!

Cheers,

Dermot

Nice one mate!

DaveJL

Mozzy19

Muzz

Dermo245

I have the Zvezda Su-27SM and Hasegawa's Su-33 Sea Flanker is on its way. I also have Italeri's Su-34, which was a development of the Flanker. Would this be eligible for the GB? These kits are all 1/72.

So, I would be interested. Whichever I end up building, I'll do it in Russian Air Force or Navy colours.

Cheers,

Jaime

Welcome chaps!

DaveJL

Mozzy19

Muzz

Dermo245

jrlx

Roland Pulfrew

If this and the Mig-29 one doesn't make it, what about a Soviet Jet Fighter GB?

Fingers crossed both will, but that's a good shout if they don't, much wider scope :thumbsup2:

interested!

maybe the new Trumpeter/ Hobbyboss 1/48 kit is out until then? and maybe it will look like a Flanker?

I would like to to a Russian Knights plane , as I saw them display twice already, and they are really cool to watch!

alternatively an Indian MKI (although the one that crashed spectacularly at Le Bourget is also tempting!)

2017 is long way of, but maybe realistic :(

Edited by exdraken

• 4 months later...

I will give this one a bump to see if there are more builders who like to do a Flanker.

The Mig-29 GB is on the list now, so why not this one. There must be more guys who are interested in the Su-27 family.

Cheers,

• Like 1

If you do gather enough numbers with the Mig 29 STGB going through there would need to be a degree of separation time wise between the Mig 29 STGB and this one

This one isn't going very fast Mish, if it ever sees the finish. But who knows maybee 2018.

cheers,

• Like 1

I could be interested in this one, I'm thinking of picking up one of Kinetics new SU-33's and that would fit the bill nicely, and its unlikely to get started any time soon.

Just out of interest would the SU-34 'Fullback' be eligible, although not technically a 'Flanker' did it not start life as a derivative of one.

Just out of interest would the SU-34 'Fullback' be eligible, although not technically a 'Flanker' did it not start life as a derivative of one.

Su-34 started its life as "Su-27 IB" so it naturally belongs to Su-27 family