A Kette of Stukas - Fujimi Junkers Ju87B x 3

Thank you very much gents; although I believe I have visibly aged ten years in the process, I have at last finished sticking most of the bits on and the trio are now ready for priming...

DSCN3994.jpg

Hopefully things will proceed a bit more quickly now... :pray:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 6

Thanks gents, I am looking forward to getting the paintwork started - I primed the models with Xtracolor Matt Base Coat Light Gull Grey cut about 1:1 with cellulose thinner:

DSCN3996.jpg

I'll let it cure for a day or two and then start on the RLM65 undersides...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 10

Thanks Bernd, Jaime, the Xtracolor primer is very good, though a bit smelly if you thin it with cellulose. I left it a couple of days and sprayed the undersides with Phoenix Precision Paints RLM65:

DSCN4000.jpg

Although I thought I had cleaned up the join line on all three models, it became apparent after the application of the RLM65 that what I had imagined to be a shadow on the underside of the B-2 was in fact a step, so some localised sanding was required...so the next two pictures are for my friend Procopius who labours under the misapprehension that my builds have no visible seams :D:

DSCN4002.jpg

DSCN4001.jpg

So hopefully a little re-paint will be in order today.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 6

A right little Stuka production line, nice priming I had the same with my Hs 126 thought I had smoothed the seam. But the undercoat told me otherwise, can't wait to see the top coat.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing these finished Stew. I hope your work issues have been resolved?

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I'm looking forward to seeing them finished too! Work's still a bear I'm afraid, but I hope either it will get better or my one-year contract will not be extended when it runs out :lol:

Just putting it out there stew... That's not a bad seem! Bit cracking work on these three! Good to see them coming along.

Rob

Too kind Rob, I should have done 'Before' and 'After' pictures of the seam; those were the 'After' pics :D

A right little Stuka production line, nice priming I had the same with my Hs 126 thought I had smoothed the seam. But the undercoat told me otherwise, can't wait to see the top coat.

Thanks Oz, yep that sort of thing happens to me a lot, I think I must have cleaned up the underside of one of the other Stuka's twice and missed the third completely... well maybe, I can't think of any other way I could have missed that! Anyway I really couldn't leave it as it was, not with people looking and all :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3

This morning while sorting through the pile of stuka transfers I found this:

DSCN4007.jpg

... a vinyl camouflage mask set. I don't remember buying them but I used these (or something very like them) on the Eduard 110's and the Airfix Do17s so I hope that I will be able to complete all three 87s with this set...

I used the first few parts of the mask under the nose section but didn't bother with the rear fuselage lower demarcation ones ('C' in the picture above) as the stick wasn't really good enough, I used Tamiya tape instead, and sprayed the Phoenix Precision Paints RLM71 Dark Green:

DSCN4017.jpg

Better leave that a while to dry before I start sticking more vinyl bits onto it...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 5

Thanks very much gents, the contrast is actually a bit greater in the pictures than under 'natural' light due to the fluorescent lamp I use but I do like the Phoenix Precision colours, they sort of 'feel' right to me,

Hopefully I can get the main camo done by the end of the week, but if not I've got next week booked off as holiday so I will definitely make some progress soon...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2