Airfix is releasing the Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I in 2016 in 1/48

Basilisk

Yep.. wonderful news - and not surprising given the popularity of the 1/72 version of the kit. Good on Airfix for this. I also noted the Kit Starter campaign for the DHC Beaver... which I hope will really take off!! :)

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 2

Scrolling down the newsletter I see they have the second Shackleton option based at Tengah Indonesia on the colour scheme picture. Hope they change that.

Edited by Potato Pete
  • Like 1

Makes good business sense.

Vampire T.11 upscaled to 1/48 would probaby do well

• Like 6

Wonderful news ... I might part with my Classic Airframes kit!

It would be nice to see the Vampire in 1/48 ... and the Swift too (PLEASE!!!!)

Jonny

• Like 4

Hi

Ideal :)

I have been trying to get a second defiant, but they are to expensive, hopefully airfix follow the CA idea and make it possible for a MK II, and maybe a TT ?

I wont be selling my CA kit :)

cheers

jerry

So isn't it time they did the same thing (but in reverse) with their Javelin and Sea Vixen kits?

Duncan B

Scaling up the Defiant is a good idea, but I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Duncan, and let's not forget the Spitfire Mk.XII. Hmmm, now how about a 1/48th scale Shackleton!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Will be nice to see and would be nice to see the Typhoon in 1/48.

So isn't it time they did the same thing (but in reverse) with their Javelin and Sea Vixen kits?

Duncan B

Makes good business sense.

Vampire T.11 upscaled to 1/48 would probaby do well

Agree with both of these - I prefer small aircraft in 1/48th scale and larger ones in 1/72 so would love to see these done.

• Like 2

Scrolling down the newsletter I see they have the second Shackleton option based at Tengah Indonesia on the colour scheme picture. Hope they change that.

The text below the colour scheme quotes the correct location as Singapore. Fingers crossed that they haven't printed hundreds of instruction booklets with the error.

Well I've ordered a Beaver via kick starter. I expect it will go back into production. I took a stack of pics of the one that attended RIAT last weekend, so that was a good move. :-) I see they're taking pre-orders for the Beaufighter as well. Very tempted! :-)

Bravo Airfix

What an excellent discourse on the problems of either scaling up a model or scaling down.

Add to that the desire to provide a 1/48 Defiant and it is a double "well done" even if my Classic Airframes Defiant is now devalued!!!!

Someone in Airfix deserves their salary this month big time

Bravo again

John

• Like 1

Although I never liked the Defiant (strange aircraft that looks out of time for a WWII fighter), I might get it in 1/48. These new Airfix kits are really great value for the money.

Hope we see a 1/48 Tigermoth, a 1/48 Wildcat and a 1/48 Stuka. All new tool models already being relased in 1/72 or soon to be. Keep em coming Airfix!

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 2

If Airfix are going to continue with the precedent set of upscaling their new 1/72 kits (thinking of the Gnat, Defiant etc.) then I really hope they do the same with their new Junglie Sea King. Considering their only serious competition in that scale is the Hase/Revell pop, I'm sure they'd be onto a winner with that.

One can dream...

Daryl.

• Like 2