w.i.p Academy Merkava mk IV 35 sc (brush painted )

Looks good, I recently built Academy's Merkava II, it was a nice kit. Yours looks darker than mine, I brush painted too using a mix of Humbrol enamels, what paints are you using?

• Like 1

hi,

yes maybe looks darker,but in final works i will try to put some sand-type color effect on upper surfaces,a little bit more at least-ive used the classical humbrol enamels (kahki +grey + else)for the darker hull paint and acrylic tamya desert sand with some khaki mixed above..take coutn that mi fujy digital pic machine is the cheapest of the range on sell :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Have you considered streaking some washes down the tank's sides, to give a less "even" effect to the colour-scheme? This is not a criticism, BTW.... I think you have made a great job so far.

Humbrol produce some enamel-based washes (which I've not yet tried), but there are about a dozen companies producing similar products. I would definitely recommend Flory Models washes. They do a great job once mastered and have the massive advantage that if you don't like what you've done, you can simply wipe them off with a damp cloth and start over again. They're about a fiver for a reasonable-sized bottle and I believe that Hannants sell them.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

• Like 1