Gloster Grebe - detail pics wanted please !

davidl

Hi All

I am building Aeroclub's vac of the Grebe ( beautifully detailed little moulding too - Thanks John !) and am getting pretty frustrated with details around the cockpit and guns

If anyone on this side of the planet ( I'm in Australia ) has the Mushroom [Orange series] Grebe and Gamecock book and it's surplus to your requirements, I will buy it -

If you wanted to keep the book, would you please be willing to scan photos ( I already have some plans from this book ) showing the arrangement of the cockpit including seat, floor, control column, instruments, the windscreen and guns ? A very kind, "very obsessed member" ( Thanks again John ! ) has already given me some plans that have been useful but I'm still short on the above interior details

Would anyone be able to say if there is a set of perforated PE barrels for the Vickers guns that would suit this aeroplane ?

I'd also love to know how that small conical cover in front of the engine behind the prop is mounted ??!!

TIA

David

Hi All

I am building Aeroclub's vac of the Grebe ( beautifully detailed little moulding too - Thanks John !) and am getting pretty frustrated with details around the cockpit and guns

If anyone on this side of the planet ( I'm in Australia ) has the Mushroom [Orange series] Grebe and Gamecock book and it's surplus to your requirements, I will buy it -

If you wanted to keep the book, would you please be willing to scan photos ( I already have some plans from this book ) showing the arrangement of the cockpit including seat, floor, control column, instruments, the windscreen and guns ? A very kind, "very obsessed member" ( Thanks again John ! ) has already given me some plans that have been useful but I'm still short on the above interior details

Would anyone be able to say if there is a set of perforated PE barrels for the Vickers guns that would suit this aeroplane ?

I'd also love to know how that small conical cover in front of the engine behind the prop is mounted ??!!

TIA

David

Hi David

the book is available on Amazon UK for about £10 PP, in UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gloster-Gamecock-Grebe-MMP-Orange/dp/8361421173

and on Amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/Gloster-Gamecock-Grebe-Orange-Kershaw/dp/8361421173/

A look at Amazon US shipping it would $10.50 to Australia, and copies starting at $9.16, I'd presume about $20 US all in would be reasonable price for this?

Didn't look up if shipping from UK though.

Amazon.au don't seem to sell books?

Are you the David in Brisbane?

HTH

T