Has anyone got contacts at the Midland Air Museum?

JeffreyK

Hello,

for a month I've been trying to get in touch with a person called Dianne at the Midlands Air Museum because I want to do some referencing work there. The receptionist told me that she'd be the only person that can discuss this with me but I'm constantly being told that she's either on holidays, has a day off or is away...I've been ringing every week for a month and have sent an email as well!

I'm starting to think they're just excuses because they don't want to deal with it.

Does anyone here have any close ties to the museum, knows anyone who works there, has had to do with them previously etc.?

Any help is appreciated!

Many thanks

Jeffrey

The IPMS Coventry & Warwickshire branch meet there every month and will have contact details. Here is contact information for the branch secretary from the IPMS UK site:

Coventry & Warwickshire
Branch Secretary: Richard Brooker
Address: 3 Broadmead Court, Broad Lane, Coventry CV5 7AE
Mobile: 07854 687691
E-Mail: [email protected]
Notes:
Meetings are at Midland Air Museum, Rowley Road, Bagington, Coventry, CV8 3AZ, first and third Fridays of the month. Starting at about 7.30pm until 10.00pm. All welcome.

I don't have any contacts, but I went several years back and asked for access to several items that were not generally accessible.

They were most helpful is every aspect. Can't imagine why they would be uncooperative.

I live fairly close (drove past twice today in fact) and have visited numerous times. I've always found everyone there to be helpful, polite & genuinely enthusiastic.

Perhaps whatever it you're looking to reference belongs to one of their members (as I'm pretty sure some of the exhibits do) who would need to give you permission. They do have a 'contact' page on their website:

http://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/contact.php

which may help?

Thank you very much,

yes it does seem odd, I've found museum staff helpful everywhere else before.

When I first rang the receptionist asked me to put this in an email and they would get back to me asap. A week later I phoned and was told the person (Dianne) was on holidays but would be back in the next couple of days and would get in touch. A week later I phoned and was told the person had her day off. Last week I phoned and was told I was calling again just on her day off. I said that due to my work I unfortunately can't call at another day and that I would call again this week and also asked if perhaps in the mean time Dianne could respond to my email. That was agreed to.

No email came and so I called again today and now I'm told that Dianne was on holiday all week. Allegedly she'll be back on Saturday...

Many thanks Nigel, I'll try the IPMS branch to see if they've got a direct contact other than the receptionist.

Cheers!

Jeffrey

• 10 months later...

I e-mailed the museum some time ago, to ask if it was possible to have access to the Mi-24 Hind's cockpit. Not too surprisingly after reading this thread, I never received a reply.

Chris.

Try getting hold of Barry James, he is or was the head honcho there and has been very helpful to me in the past.

Martin

Hi There,

I can honestly say that I've always made my requests when visiting the museum and have nothing but praise for the way that Barry, Dianne and all or the volunteers have granted me assistance. Fine folk and the reason I joined as a member was because of their attitude towards us photographers.

It's over 100 miles from my home but when I'm heading South, and have any spare time, I always pop in to see 'em.

• 3 months later...

It doesn't surprise me to read this, but whenever I have actually been to the museum, they have been really helpful, so why not just go along and ask?

Edited by Red Dot