Hurricane MK 1 1/48 New Tool - Tom Neil -Final Photos

Why are you so worried about Sean's build, he said it wasn't an exact representation

I don't think troy is too worried, just being helpful and posting some reference photos for Sean or others that are viewing this thread. Info he posts has always been very helpful to me and I know others... But doesn't have to be followed! He really likes hurricanes!

Nice work Sean really progressing fantastically!

Rob

Gentlemen,

This is on the verge of getting out of hand. Sean has said that he is aware that his build is not totally accurate. I don't thing there is any merit to be had in pointing out the the same fault and placing it in the guise of help.

I will be keeping a wary eye on this thread and if I see any patten developing I will be having 'words'.

I think next time I build this kit I will start by attaching th 2 main spars to the bottom wing and go from there

Yes I think that might be a good idea i have just started this kit its great but as Sean stated care with construction is essential

After a disaster when a mask pulled off the top layer (Dark Earth) revealing patches of silver, I was forced to scrub down and start again from bare plastic. This time I decided to forgo the "worn effects"and went back to basics.

Build21.jpg

Build22.jpg

Build23.jpg

Build24.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

It been a while since I posted any progress. I was not happy with the finish and the brown looked just a shade off colour. So I restarted and reverted to my own (I say my own bit it a mix given to me by a fellow Britmodeller) here the link.

Finally now at the marking stage I things are looking more reasonable

Build36.jpg

Restart! - Primer after the model was taken back to bare plastic.

Build37.jpg

getting there again!

Build38.jpg

We live in hope...

• Like 3