Messerschmitt Me 163 B-1 Komet, Heller, 1/72

Hi,

Next archive model - the last so far Messerschmitt. Me 163 B-1 Komet. Model made OOB from Heller kit except for painting scheme - markings are followings some profile but I have difficulty now to find it and in my record on this model I do not have anything about the unit. Likely it is from 1945.

Anyway - I do belive this i s not a whify markings - if you fo not think about not fuzzy spots of Dk Green on RLM 76 fuselage...It should be much more fuzzy...

I made it about 1980 :)

Comments welcome and regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

me163 DSC04145me163 DSC04144me163 DSC04143me163 DSC04142me163 DSC04141

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 16

Nice. Unit would be be JG 400, presumably.

I have fond memories of that kit. First time I used etched brass to improve the cockpit. And I painted it in the alternative all over red scheme - did it really exist? - from a test unit.

Thanks for the memories.

Ian

• Like 2

Hi Jerzy!!!

I was watching carefully your nice plane, and was thinking you build this one in the time that there were only those nicely done artist impression depicting one taking off with a very dense trailing quantity of black smoke and the wheels were running in the runway....those black boxes artistic paintings sold many many more kits that the present ones.....

The kit is nice, many say nicer than the Old Airfix kit,and obviously better that Lindberg's and has many room to make a nice masterpiece as you did, and many said that Academy used this one as a basis of theirs, but well, I prefer the Old Heller Girl but may be later willbe seduced by the two place variant and add this one too to the collection.

The painting is lovely, you did a nicer littl gem with this one,so nicer that I am tempted to attack one of them soon, but have to wait until finish something first. Witouh a doubt a nicely done rendition of a classic!!!

BTW I have one in my bench I don't know how many time have passed since this niceand little model is there, but anyway, have under the box another box with two Lindberg 1/72 sisters inside, with the great quantity of no less that 10 parts each and one have a Vac Canopy...these last pair came in the same old yellow box and were a friend's recent gift.....ALSO underthe boxes some old magazines like the nice Spanish aviation magazine named FLAPS with a nice article about the Alexander Lippish creation and other books containing drawing cutaway of the little nice ship..... I was thinking that there are not one modeler that dislikes this little plane by the significance in aeronautical advances this nicelady represent and that the influence and concept form is living nicely for many many years in the more modern planes like the Mirages and Convair deltas.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Edited by Luis Alfonso
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Jerzy!!!!

LAST NEWS FROM HERE:

BTW have ended the reading of Ballantine Illustrated Story of WW II Weapons No. 20 book:  WILLIAM GREEN'S ROCKET FIGHTER...maybe get started in the first chance with one of these or the PM kit of the DFS 194...

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 16/07/2015 at 10:54, JWM said:

Hi,

Next archive model - the last so far Messerschmitt. Me 163 B-1 Komet. Model made OOB from Heller kit except for painting scheme - markings are followings some profile but I have difficulty now to find it and in my record on this model I do not have anything about the unit. Likely it is from 1945.

Anyway - I do belive this i s not a whify markings - if you fo not think about not fuzzy spots of Dk Green on RLM 76 fuselage...It should be much more fuzzy...

I made it about 1980 :)

Comments welcome and regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

me163 DSC04145me163 DSC04144me163 DSC04143me163 DSC04142me163 DSC04141

Nice job, just ordered Heller 1/72 kit, fancied having a Bash at this kit. Hope I do as well as you have, not built or painted models since childhood....., sixty two now. I'm midway building a P51d Mustang, Roscoe Brown's 'Bunnie' of the 'Tuskegee' airmen. 

• Like 3