Silverwings Era Biplanes

What a beautiful collection.

Being myself a "silver wings freak" I admire especially the Tombo High Speed Fury (I built their Fantome, so I know Tombo is a job for valiant folk only) and the Contrail vacforms (where I do not know if I ever gather enough courage to cut into). Fortunately we have the very nice Kora resin replacement for Ripon/Baffin, however 1/72 kit(s) of Fairey IIIF/Gordon/Seal in reasonable quality is still sorely missing.

Patrik

Great models, the Contrail vacforms look excellent, I started a Horsley many moons ago, but never got very far with it. Perhaps I will have another go. Brilliant modelling!

• 1 year later...

A beautiful collection and great photography.    Your rigging work is superb.  I've only recently plucked up the courage to rig my models but it seems I have a long way to go to reach your standard!

A lovely collection of well made models Chris, well done it must look good when you display them all together.  They cover a very interesting time in military aviation with so many different types evolving and dropping by the wayside. 

The colour and squadron markings are so attractive you have inspired me to develop my fledgling collection of these inter war types. 

Thanks for posting, Andrew.