Airfix Napoleonics

I finally got around to mounting these two old sets. Some slight re-touches were required, but they didn't take long.
15th (King's) Light Dragoons (Hussars)
413666608.jpg

413666609.jpg

413666610.jpg

413666611.jpg

18th (King's Irish) Light Dragoons (Hussars)
413666612.jpg

413666613.jpg

413666614.jpg

413666615.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh what a joy :D I've not seen these since I stopped playing and painting mine back in the 70's.  I had all the series that was available at the time think they added Prussians later but I'd moved on by then.  I painted every single one and I had about 4 boxes of each!  I also had the War of Independence, US Civil War, WW1 oh and countless others I must have had a few 1000, absolutely loved them hours and hours of fun.     

Good old Airfix really big part of my childhood.  

Edited by Kev The Modeller
  • Thanks 1

Your right Kev, endless hours of fun :D

The first sets I can remember getting were Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham. Some of these sets must go back to the 70s & 80s. I originally painted them in enamels but these restorations have been in acrylics B)

3 hours ago, Ratch said:

Your right Kev, endless hours of fun :D

The first sets I can remember getting were Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham. Some of these sets must go back to the 70s & 80s. I originally painted them in enamels but these restorations have been in acrylics B)

My very first were Arabs and French Foreign and/or like you Robin hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham, I can't quite remember now but that was in the mid to late 60's mate!   

1 hour ago, Kev The Modeller said:

My very first were Arabs and French Foreign and/or like you Robin hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham, I can't quite remember now but that was in the mid to late 60's mate!   

Those were all issued in '64 Kev, so any time after that.