Spitfire Mk 1 S/L Adolf Maln Sqn 74 August 1940

Good morning Sean

Don't worry thank you anyway ..

Yesterday I made several tests and finally I'm happy with the result I got by mixing Humbrol 90 and Humbrol 65..

Now I will face the question of the Dark green : the notice says to use the Green Humbrol 30 but I've already used this reference with the Hurricane Airfix and I have not been satisfied with the result ...

What green did you used ?

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi Patrice. Hu116 or Hu 163 are very good matches for RAF Dark green.

Steve.

Good morning Steve

Thank you I was thinking of Hu 116 in fact it is the one I used for the Airfix Hurricane I built last year ...

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi Patrice, as Steven has suggested 116 or 163, although I prefer 116 myself.

For these builds I'm using 30 as it's going over the brown base coat. I find that it

will darken enough that way,

Sean

Good morning Sean

Thank you ... I prefer not to paint one colour over the other so I will use Hu 116 ..

Yesterday I started painting with the brown Humbrol 29 but I am sorry no pics ..

Patrice

• Like 2

I read a tip on BM that Hu 30 can be improved by the addition of drops of red. I tried it and it worked, a much better match for RAF Dark green was the result. I can't give percentages as I just kept adding and stirring until it looked right. It's useful to know for those who already have pots of the stuff (e.g. starter set pots) those buying new are better off with 116 or 163.

John.

• Like 1

Bonsoir Patrice,

very nice build. Keep it up!

Re the dark green, I still have a couple of tins of RAF dark green "Authentic colours" from Humbrol, that look suspiciously like the "new" H30. Adding some red has always worked to get a very decent dark green.

Maybe I should just trash those old pots... but I guess we go back such a long time together, that I may not be able to do it!

Good show!

JR

Hi Patrice, ca va? - Information in relation to what?

Jonners

Bonjour Jonners

Bien merci et toi ?

In fact I am surprised by the difference of size of letters for this aircraft on the Xtradecal sheet as well as on the decalsheet that Baggers quote but I must admit that I rely entirely on Xtradecal notice as I hardly found pics of Sailor Maln Spitfire :weep: for my build so if anyone can confirm that fact I will be very grateful ...

Patrice