Got my eye on this one

Paul Rigby

I recently posted three paintings - I have prints - from the Lincolnshire-based artist, Robin Smith. This is one that I've had my eye on for a while. I actually saw the artist at a craft exhibition. This painting was in the sketch stage but he showed it as a sort of 'peek'. The grab looks lovely. I'm sure the real thing looks even better. He added that, "Interestingly, the rail was set at an angle to the centreline of the ship to ensure the Hurricane was not run over by the ship if the launch failed."

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-12%20at%2011.36.

• Like 8

That's rather atmospheric - typical Robin Smith style, my annual visit to Robin's stall was another of the things I missed as a result of this year's RAF Waddington Air Show being cancelled. Unfortunately all of my available wall space it taken up with Michael Rondot prints but my father has got a couple of Robin's countryside pictures.

That's rather atmospheric - typical Robin Smith style, my annual visit to Robin's stall was another of the things I missed as a result of this year's RAF Waddington Air Show being cancelled. Unfortunately all of my available wall space it taken up with Michael Rondot prints but my father has got a couple of Robin's countryside pictures.

Hi Richard

Ah! Nice to hear that someone else has seen Robin's stuff. Haven't come across Michael's work. I'll Google him.

Paul

• 1 month later...

COOL !!

I love this one too..

I have a few painting by one or two aviation artists but MY passion lies in gold coins{ and silver coins etc :heart: } so its just admiring these BEAUTIFUL painting for now..

AWESOME work ..tell Robin I LOVED it... :heart::heart: