What ship to choose :(

I would like to buy new model to build, so i can't decide wich one of these to choose.

- Academy 14105 -> HMS Warspite

- Academy 14103 -> Graf Spee

- Academy BA904 -> Bismarck

- Academy 14102 -> Oliver Hazard FFG-7

This is my final candidates because of the price, this four are all under 50 USD (ebay) , can't afford much more right now because i am thinking to buy some PE sets also. If you have any advice on this four models, wich is the best in quality, precision, details please be free to comment. Thank you.

According to 'Them' (y'know, :ninja: the 'Experts'), the Revell Bismarck is the best representation of the ship in 1/350. Academy's kit is a slightly altered repop of the Tamiya kit, Which is late 70's vintage.

There's not much to choose between Trumpeter & Academy re: Graf Spee. There are some silly errors on the Trumpy G.S, like issues with the stern anchor position, but there's slightly softer detail on the Academy kit, so thats a dead heat!

Academy's Warspite is more accurate in outline, but softer in details again compared to the Trumpy kit. The Academy kit is a faster build tho...

The Perry-class is the only choice in your selection that has no plastic counterpart. the Reuben James version has P.E included, IF you pay a bit more.

My choice would be the Reuben James. It's not done very often, It's a good size, LOADS of reference pix online AND has the PE you need in the box...

The Perry-class is the only choice in your selection that has no plastic counterpart. the Reuben James version has P.E included, IF you pay a bit more.

My choice would be the Reuben James. It's not done very often, It's a good size, LOADS of reference pix online AND has the PE you need in the box...

Yeah, problem is that i wasn't able to find Reuben James anywhere, not even E-bay :( And couldn't find any PE parts for oliver hazard FFG-7 :(

Edited by PergerCRO

Yeah, problem is that i wasn't able to find Reuben James anywhere, not even E-bay :( And couldn't find any PE parts for oliver hazard FFG-7 :(

Not sure what this will cost with postage and exchange rate, but HERE is a suggestion for the Reuben James kit from UK.

There is also the original Academy Oliver Hazard Perry frigate, more or less the same kit but without extra parts. Still a very nice kit, and a lot cheaper. If you have a Perry kit, the best all-round PE is the KA-Models set from the same supplier as above.

Not sure what this will cost with postage and exchange rate, but HERE is a suggestion for the Reuben James kit from UK.

There is also the original Academy Oliver Hazard Perry frigate, more or less the same kit but without extra parts. Still a very nice kit, and a lot cheaper. If you have a Perry kit, the best all-round PE is the KA-Models set from the same supplier as above.

Here we have pretty high exchange rate for UK pound, so for me this is out of the budget :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will be doing the same.... can't decide on Independence class or Freedom...

That was my dilemma to.... At the end i decided to do both, idenpendence first, then Freedom second :D