This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hi,

my name is Pete and I'm returning to a hobby I last did when kits came with cardboard headers with stapled plastic bags attached, so obviously more than a couple of years and as a hobby it has changed out of all recognition.

Have managed only three builds so far so need to get cracking as there's only one of them I'm really happy with, so rather than the displaying my latest forum I think I'll be more asking question on the 'how to' forums!

All the best,

Pete

hI Steve, have already asked a question in the 'modelling tips' forum as am stuck.

Thanks for the welcome,

Pete

well it's sunny in between the three week long rain showers :)

Looking forward to getting some advice to improve my modelling 'skills', note the ''!

My first proper model shop was Stockport Model shop on Wellington Road South. Long gone but not fotgotten.

My first proper model shop was Stockport Model shop on Wellington Road South. Long gone but not fotgotten.

was that the small shop front store on the A6 in Hazel Grove? It's probably part of Wetherspoons now!

We had that one, the model shop in Shaw Heath which survived until quite recently and then shops in the town, a fair few in just a few miles, all gone unfortunately.

It wasn't as far up as Hazel Grove. It was on the junction of the road that came from Bramhall and crossed the A6 onto Hillgate.

I moved away from the area in 78 and so much has changed around Stockport I get lost when I visit. - I am old enough to remember when Mersey Square was a dual carriage way that had been built on top of a very polluted river Mersey.

It wasn't as far up as Hazel Grove. It was on the junction of the road that came from Bramhall and crossed the A6 onto Hillgate.

I moved away from the area in 78 and so much has changed around Stockport I get lost when I visit. - I am old enough to remember when Mersey Square was a dual carriage way that had been built on top of a very polluted river Mersey.

was that the shop with a double front and a door at one side?

Things haven't changed that much though, the Mersey is still as polluted as it ever was!