Clint Groves of ATP has passed away.

Modelers of airliners will no doubt recall Airline Transport Photography, seller of airliner photographs/slides and decals and conversion parts for airliner kits in various scales, long before anyone else was producing custom airliner decals.

Clint Groves, founder and proprietor of ATP, passed away peacefully in his home in Lake Isabella on Tuesday morning, June 30, 2015.

For the past several weeks Clint was battling kidney failure, which although robbed him of his energy, his spirit remained strong and hopeful until the end. Although he was in hospital a few weeks ago, his final wish was to spend his last days at his home in the company of his cats, and friend and roommate Tammy.

Clint's only surviving family is his 90 year old Aunt. There are no services planned.

Clint was a man of unwavering integrity, as honest and as fair as they come, committed to providing his customers with the very best customer service possible. I will always remember Clint with a smile on his face, always with a happy and optimistic outlook. Clint was a great and loyal friend and will be missed by many who knew him.

May Clint rest in peace, and I know I am not alone in saying that our deepest sympathies are with him.

(The above comes from Henry Tenby of AirlineHobby.com)

I still have some of his decals and the DVD of his vacform building lessons complete with the 'rivers of epoxy' technique. Sorry to hear he is gone.

David

I too have the "River of epoxy" DVD. His 'direction' was the first time I ever ventured out of my comfort zone, and tried vacuform kits. The ATP decals I use today still produce great looking builds.

Thank you Clint.

I never met Clint but spoke with him on the phone many times and he was a really nice guy. Always had a great sense of humour.

RIP

Steve

• 2 weeks later...