SAS Grey

Can't help with the paint mix since I don't use Modelmaster but the fuselages of the entire SAS fleet were very definitely a single shade of grey. What makes you think there might be two shades? Can you link to any photos?

The MD-90's wings were a different grey from the fuselage as is clearly shown in this example: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Scandinavian-Airlines--/McDonnell-Douglas-MD-90-30/0528783/L/&sid=5406e0ce23de4d9c664030065c2d818b

Edited by Skodadriver

Well, I can't and won't link to pictures on Airliners.net, but if you look there it looks very much like there is a lighter grey on the bottom and a slightly darker grey on top of the fusleage.

Xtracolor has a SAS grey, as well as a SAS Orange, which both are fairly accurate. Their roundel blue is good for the tail fin. But if you must use MM, I cannot help you.

Nils

Well, I can't and won't link to pictures on Airliners.net, but if you look there it looks very much like there is a lighter grey on the bottom and a slightly darker grey on top of the fusleage.

It's easy to link to pictures on Airliners.net - just click on the link icon and enter in the url of the photo.

It seems slightly pointless to ask other people to help you then say that you "can't and won't" do the one thing which will enable us to see exactly what you're talking about and offer proper, specific advice. I'm afraid I don't have time to trawl through the 453 photos of SAS MD-90s on Airliners.net on the off-chance that I'll see what you're referring to.

Edited by Skodadriver

That's definitely shadows. The two portions of the fuselage are reflecting the light at different angles making the lower fuselage look lighter due to more reflection coming back to the camera.

Edited by Jessica
  • Like 1

Unless the moderators know something that the rest of us don't nobody has ever been banned from Britmodeller for linking to Airliners.net. I've done it dozens of times including post 2 above.

The problem is posting actual photographs from the site in breach of copyright - see here. I'm aware of one high profile (at least in his own opinion) member getting a permanent ban for posting Airliners.net photographs with the copyright information edited out. He didn't help his case by telling the moderators that he knew more about copyright law than they did. Linking to the photos is a completely different matter and is expressly permitted by Airliner.net themselves