Lead Sled Morris CS815cwt, a Pak37 and 13 Fallschirmjager

IMG_7431_zpszbvw4dh6.jpg

Seems to have worked OK. I'll have to cast the rear of the front wheels for the steering rack.

'stoppen posieren für die Kameras und steigen Sie den rötlichen bonnet- Ich kann nicht sehen , wohin ich gehe'

• Like 1

A bit more progress last night over a beer, as you do

IMG_7435_zpstuqdjm1o.jpg

knocked out a silicone mould for the rear of the wheel

IMG_7437_zps2udhgkwn.jpg

which is adequate- it will do

IMG_7438_zpslgtr8pdz.jpg

a bit of filling probabaly required on these

IMG_7440_zpsdhnd42ng.jpg

not convinced about these tyres

FullSizeRenderp_zps9rtaqmfu.jpg

barrel on.

FullSizeRenderq_zpswbvruiuy.jpg

FullSizeRenderr_zps2rwuvu2u.jpg

kit shovel vs etch. The etch is shipped flat (obviously), so a bit of manipulation required to get the bends in for the wooden shaft, and also the curve in the spade, which was a bit of a challenge.

Now I was going to solder the shield, but havign hummed and ha'd about it, the bits are just too small. The hinges are absolutely minuscule

FullSizeRenders_zpsut0ekmml.jpg

so i went for super gluey stuff

Another superb project. :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve mate. Appreciate the feedback.

• Like 2

Thanks fella.

Primed

FullSizeRendero_zps6gecplh9.jpg

I think I'm probably going to paint this and fit the shield last

primed some heads also. I've done two of the metal ones and the hornet heads. You can see the difference in size. Bit of a dilemma here. I do think I saw some fallschirmjager heads by another manufacturer but I cant remember who it was

FullSizeRendern_zpsawp0eyc3.jpg

FullSizeRenderm_zps4c2idzvs.jpg

Not happy about the wheels either. 2nd dilemma. I actually think the metal ones are better. I'm toying with casting them in 2 halves and introducing some plastic card to make them wider

Not So! - We have no connection with this kit, in fact I've never even seen it before! - We only purchased some of the Lead Sled 76th vehicle.

David Parkins

Firing Line

Ah Ha!!!! David Parkins himself !! I am honoured!!

I meant metaphorically not literally!! It cant be one of yours cause its made by Lead Sled! The metaphor was the time period rather than the manufacturer's stable.

Anyway. That said - just to cheer you up. Here are three of yours mate

FullSizeRender_zpsoxeo8wk2.jpg

FullSizeRender1_zps09ppwlhy.jpg

FullSizeRender2_zpspykb5cz7.jpg

great kits. Oh - the two axles on my 4 tonner have buckled under the weight of the brass. Please sir. Can I have 2 more?

• Like 1

Ah Ha!!!! David Parkins himself !! I am honoured!!

I meant metaphorically not literally!! It cant be one of yours cause its made by Lead Sled! The metaphor was the time period rather than the manufacturer's stable.

Anyway. That said - just to cheer you up. Here are three of yours mate great kits. Oh - the two axles on my 4 tonner have buckled under the weight of the brass. Please sir. Can I have 2 more?

Except we did purchase most of the Lead Sled range and I was just trying to make it clear that we did not buy the 35th subjects - he wanted too much for them! I think IIRC they went to Scale Link - but I could easily be wrong here.

Nice work on the Lead Sled kit BTW. Excellent!

PM me re - axles.

DJP

Managed to get a bit of time in at lunchtime

IMG_7558_zpsx4ialprn.jpg

IMG_7559_zpspvcgxpwp.jpg

IMG_7560_zps8tfxjxtv.jpg

a couple of more bits to stick on it and a bit of touching up to do before I do the tyres then get some sand on it

IMG_7562_zpsbhntkw6u.jpg

These came today. Really nice casts but just too small to go with the metal fella