1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII and Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc SEAC

You´ve already seen the SEAC Thunderbolt my dad built this year, in about 2 weeks a SEAC Expeditor Mk.II will be finished, the fourth and final SEAC a/c this year.

So here are the missing two:

Should have been a straight forward build but needed some more time...
Wanted to do the Hasegawa SEAC kit with Rising decals, doin´a "Panther". But accidentally applied a wrong camo scheme, so my dad wanted to do the DGoR with the Hasegawa kit. But the kit decals weren´t usable. The white was typical Hasegawa beige and partly shine-through and the roundels were more green than blue. Then I saw the DGoR was included in the new Eduard kit, so I bought this kit and my dad used the decals for the Hasegawa one. That kit is in fact a Mk.IX, some changes are mentioned in the instructions but not all, other changes were made with the help of the Eduard instructions for example my dad moved the center wing pos light backwards and added the ones on the outer underwing sides. I think the model is still not a completely correct Mk.VIII but my dad isn´t a hardcore rivet counter happy.gif
Painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics. The model shows the a/c of Paul Ostrander in Burma 1945, 155 Sqn RAF.

DSC_0001_zpstzabwqik.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsjec0kybj.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsoclqljem.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsublsdvyk.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsgcpfm3ow.jpg

DSC_0006_zpse4qdxpr8.jpg

DSC_0007_zpszjcc9stk.jpg

DSC_0008_zpskv6zg1rc.jpg

DSC_0009_zpskuitycaw.jpg

DSC_0010_zpszwcv374c.jpg

DSC_0011_zps8wz47jxw.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsdatab3e8.jpg

Hasegawa kit oob with decals from the Italeri kit, painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics. The "Y" decal was a bit too tall, so it was shortened.
Model shows the aircraft of Flying Officer GL Skellam, RAF Sqn 113 in India 1944.

DSC_0029_zpsnvfnoumw.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsd4jkrdaq.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsg3t53lf6.jpg

DSC_0032_zpsgenyu52b.jpg

DSC_0033_zpsdj8pqtct.jpg

DSC_0034_zpsnaynfdk4.jpg

DSC_0035_zpstlpg44sn.jpg

DSC_0036_zpslqnlcszq.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsebvfkqxr.jpg

DSC_0039_zpsynpizxjh.jpg

DSC_0038_zpsnco8drfl.jpg

DSC_0040_zpskjzrzcna.jpg